This vegetarian meatloaf recipe is a great way to satisfy your cravings for a classic comfort food dish without using any animal products. Filled with hearty black beans, brown rice, and savory seasonings, this delicious recipe will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s vegetarian-friendly.
- It’s packed with flavor from the combination of herbs and spices.
- It’s a healthier alternative to traditional meatloaf.
- Canned black beans
- Cooked brown rice
- Bread crumbs
- Garlic cloves
- Tomato paste
- Soy sauce
- Dried thyme leaves
How To Make This Recipe
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mash the black beans until they are slightly chunky in texture.
Add cooked brown rice, bread crumbs, onion, garlic cloves, tomato paste, soy sauce and dried thyme leaves into the bowl of mashed black beans. Mix well to combine everything together thoroughly.
Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and smooth out evenly across the surface on top using spatula or spoon.
Bake for around 45 minutes until golden-brown color is achieved at edges then remove from oven let cool down for about 10 minutes before slicing up into individual portions that can be served warm straightaway immediately after baking if needed.’
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Cook time: Approximately 45 minutes.
Temperature: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
1) Use parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray when lining your loaf pan so that your vegetarian meatloaf doesn’t stick after baking.
2) Let the meatloaf cool down for at least 10 minutes before slicing it into portions to serve.
You can add additional seasonings like dried oregano, cumin or paprika to customize this recipe to your tastes.
- For a gluten-free option, replace the breadcrumbs with almond flour or ground oats.
- You can store any leftover vegetarian meatloaf in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- If you’re short on time, you can prepare the black beans and rice ahead of time.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Loaf pan
- Large mixing bowl
To Sum Up:
This delicious vegetarian meatloaf recipe will satisfy all of your comfort food cravings without relying on any animal products. It’s packed with savory flavors from herbs and spices, easy to make and healthy too!
Sure, here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Transform Mom’s Meatloaf with this Delicious Vegetarian Recipe” on AddM3 food blog:
Q1. Can I use other beans instead of black beans in the recipe?
A1. Yes, you can substitute the black beans with other types of cooked or canned beans, such as kidney beans, pinto beans, or chickpeas. Just make sure to drain and rinse them well before using.
Q2. What can I use instead of breadcrumbs if I want a gluten-free version?
A2. You can replace the breadcrumbs with rolled oats or gluten-free bread crumbs to make a gluten-free version of this recipe.
Q3. How long does the meatloaf need to bake for and at what temperature?
A3. The meatloaf needs to bake for about 50-60 minutes in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C). Make sure that it is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick into it; if it comes out clean, then your meatless loaf is done!