Are you in search of a delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe that can easily feed your entire family? Look no further than this Veggie-Filled Overnight Breakfast Casserole! Packed with plant-based protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals from the veggies and whole-grain bread, this vegetarian casserole is sure to be a hit.
- 1 loaf whole-grain bread
- 1 zucchini
- 2 red bell peppers
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Salt & pepper
- Dash of nutmeg
- Cut the bread into bite-size pieces.
- Roughly chop vegetables into small chunks.
- In a greased baking dish, spread out the bread and top with vegetables.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, salt & pepper as well as nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture over top of the vegetable-bread mix; use your hands to gently push down slightly so all pieces are submerged in liquid.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil or plastic wrap tightly refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before baking.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 375°F/190°C。
8.Soak up any excess liquid again using clean paper towels.
9.Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes until golden brown on top.
Prep Time:15 mins | Cook Time:40 mins | Total Time:55 mins.
=> My Pro-tips:
To make it convenient for busy mornings prepare it ahead of time by tossing everything together the night before then simply bake next morning for thirty-five minutes
The beauty of this recipe lies in its versatility! Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to suit your taste preferences. Some options include:
– Fresh or dried basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley
– Garlic or onion powder
– Red pepper flakes for some heat
To make this recipe as easy as possible, we recommend the following tools:
– A sharp knife for cutting bread and vegetables
– A large mixing bowl for whisking egg mixture
– A 9×13 inch baking dish for layering ingredients
To sum Up:
This Veggie-Filled Overnight Breakfast Casserole is a nutritious and flavorful way to start your day! With an array of colorful veggies and wholesome whole-grain bread incorporated into each bite, it’s both delicious and satisfying. Plus, with its easy overnight preparation method, you can enjoy a stress-free morning knowing that breakfast is already taken care of!
Can I make this without tofu or substitute it with something else?
Yes! If you prefer not to use tofu, you could try substituting it with cooked and crumbled tempeh or mushrooms. Or, if you don’t mind eggs in your vegetarian recipe, scrambled eggs would work as well.
Can I make this breakfast casserole ahead of time?
Absolutely! That’s the beauty of an overnight breakfast casserole – it can be prepared the night before and simply baked in the morning. Just prepare the ingredients as instructed in a baking dish and cover tightly with foil or plastic wrap before storing in the refrigerator overnight.
Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
Of course! This recipe is very versatile and flexible when it comes to adding extra veggies. You could add diced bell peppers, chopped spinach leaves, grated zucchini, sliced mushrooms – whatever your heart desires! Just keep in mind that some vegetables may release water during cooking and adjust accordingly by adjusting egg mixture quantity or reducing liquid additions (such as non-dairy milk).