Are you looking for a vegan Thanksgiving soup recipe that’s both delicious and easy to make? Look no further than these 10 soups that will satisfy any craving this holiday season.
- Butternut Squash Soup: butternut squash, onion, garlic, vegetable broth, coconut milk, maple syrup, salt and pepper
- Roasted Carrot Soup: carrots, onion, garlic cloves, olive oil or avocado oil, vegetable broth or water (plus more as needed), peeled ginger root (optional), salt and pepper.
- Creamy Broccoli Soup: broccoli florets and stems (about 2 medium heads broccoli,) diced yellow onion (1 small,) minced garlic cloves (3 large), roasted cashews or macadamia nuts , nutritional yeast flakes(optional), unsweetened almond milk(2 cups)
- Autumn Sweet Potato Soup: sweet potatoes ,carrots , apples,ghee(or vegan butter)chopped leek(chopped ),ground cinnamon,salt,nutmeg,cloves,
vegetable stock(stockpot of roughly chopped veg scraps like carrot tops,onion trimmings,and celery leaves water)
Directions or Preparation Instructions
Butternut Squash Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Rub some olive oil on cut sides of squash; Season with Salt and Pepper
- Roast until tender about an hour;
5.Transfer squash into Vitamix blender; Puree until smooth.
6.In a pot over medium heat add diced onions saute until softened,stir frequently around ten minutes.Add crushed garlic,minced fresh thyme,mixed quarter teaspoon each of ground black pepper&cayenne.Cook for one minute while stirring frequently.Stir in the pureed butternut squash.
- Pour in vegetable broth and coconut milk; Combine until smooth .Stir in maple syrup
- Over medium-high heat, bring the soup to a simmer and let it cook for about 20-25 minutes.
Roasted Carrot Soup:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C).
2.Trim ends off carrots then chop into even pieces
3.Dice onions thinly,
4.Toss the carrot on half of baking sheet ,diced onion with olive/avocado oil on another Cleaned sheet;
5.Roast for 30-40 minutes or until carrots are tender)
- Blend roasted carrot/onion with Vegetable Broth( or Water), ginger root, salt, peppercorn
7.Simmer mixture over medium heat for around five -eight minute
Creamy Broccoli Soup:
1.Cook broccoli florets and stems in boiling water or steam until just tender;
2.In a saucepan over low hear,melt vegan butter/ghee add diced yellow onion,broth garlic,salt,&pepper;Cook,and stir occasionally,until onion is translucent(for about 5-8minutes).
3.Add in cooked broccoli,nuts,Broth from cooking liquid,cashew cream(optional) nutritional yeast(optional);Simmer.until heated through.
4.Puree blender until smooth,Serve.
and so on.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
Each recipe has its own cooking time guidelines based on preparation methods used. However, you can expect most soups to take anywhere from 30-60 minutes to prepare.
My Pro Tips
Here are some tips that will help make your vegan Thanksgiving soups easy and successful:
– If using canned vegetables instead of fresh ones choose unsweetened,no-added-sodium products.
– Save chopping/weighing time by investing food scales/meat thermometers/large cutting boards/sharp knives/mixing bowls.
– Puree soups in batches with a high-speed blender or food processor
– Don’t be afraid to add more broth/water for a thinner soup consistency
-Let the soup rest in refrigerator for one night to enhance the flavor
Each recipe has its own unique blend of spices that can be adjusted according to individual preferences. Some suggested seasoning options include:
– Cumin, ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg: perfect for Autumn Sweet Potato Soup.
-Sriracha hot sauce,curry powder,Miso paste etc
## Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
Here are some recommended tools that will help make preparing these vegan Thanksgiving soups easier and more enjoyable:
– Vitamix blender/Food Processor/high speed blenders/Immersion Blender)
-Large baking sheets/roasting pans/mesh skimmers
To Sum Up:
These 10 Vegan Thanksgiving Soups offer a variety of delicious and nutritious options that cater to any taste preference. Whether you prefer creamy or chunky texture, spicy or mild flavor profile;you’ll definitely find your favorite recipe on this list. Remember,taste is subjective – Feel free try out different combinations before finding what works best for you!
Can these soups be made ahead of time and reheated?
Answer: Yes, most of the soups featured in this article can be made ahead of time and reheated when ready to serve. Simply store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days or freeze them for longer storage.
Are these soups gluten-free?
Answer: Some of the soup recipes are naturally gluten-free, but others may contain ingredients like flour or pasta that are not gluten-free. In cases where they’re not already gluten-free, you could substitute any wheat-based ingredients with their gluten-free counterparts.
Can I use vegetable broth instead of homemade broth?
Answer: Absolutely! While homemade vegetable broth is often preferred due to its richer flavor profile and lack of additives, using store-bought vegetable broth is a perfectly acceptable (and convenient) option as well. When choosing store-bought broths, it’s essential to read the labels carefully to make sure there aren’t any animal-derived ingredients in them if you’re following a vegan diet.