If you’re looking for a hearty and satisfying vegetarian soup, this tasty TVP vegetable soup is the perfect recipe to try. It’s loaded with nutritious vegetables and plant-based protein from TVP (texturized vegetable protein), making it both filling and delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a great way to add more veggies to your diet without sacrificing flavor.
- The TVP provides a good source of plant-based protein.
- The soup is easy to make and can be ready in under 30 minutes.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge or freezer for quick meals throughout the week.
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Texturized Vegetable Protein (TVP)
– Olive oil
-Bay leaves, salt, pepper
How To Make This Recipe:
- In a bowl, rehydrate the TVP according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté onions until they are soft; add garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Add carrots, celery, potatoes, tomato paste along with broth (vegetable)and water stirring well while adding them into pot , then reduce heat slighty .Simmer covered until potatoes are cooked throughly about 15 mins .
4.Removing from flame at this stage mix in bay leafs into it along with seasoning salt & pepper as per preference .
5.Finally stir the hydrated TVP into the soup mixture.Let it simmer together for an additional few minutes allowing all flavors meld together.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines:
Total cooking time: Approximately 25 minutes
Cooking temperature: Medium heat
Serving temperature: Hot
- If you prefer a thicker consistency, add less water or more TVP.
- Feel free to adjust the seasoning according to your preference. Try adding some herbs such as thyme or rosemary for extra flavor.
- Salt and pepper are used in this recipe, but feel free to use additional seasonings like cumin, smoked paprika or oregano based on personal preference.
- For variation swap out TVP with chopped mushrooms.
- Dice vegetables approximately same size for even cooking . #
Cook TVP beforehand so it has enough time to rehydrate before being added into the soup mixture.
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- Measuring cups
To Sum Up:
This tasty TVP vegetable soup is not only quick and easy , but also healthy and delicious. It’s packed with veggies and protein from the texturized vegetable protein (TVP). With simple preparation steps ,it’s perfect for a lazy weeknight dinner!
Can I use something else instead of TVP in this soup?
Yes, you can replace the TVP (textured vegetable protein) with other meat substitutes or plant-based proteins such as tofu, tempeh, seitan or canned chickpeas.
How long does this soup keep in the refrigerator?
You can store this soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If it gets too thick after being refrigerated, you can add a bit of water or broth to thin it out.
Can I freeze this soup?
Yes, you can freeze this soup for later consumption. Just make sure to let it cool down completely before transferring it into freezer-safe containers and storing them in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
I hope these answers helpful!