Looking for a tasty vegetarian dish that’s easy to prepare and perfect for any occasion? Look no further than our flaky and delicious puff pastry pie! Made with simple ingredients, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (such as potatoes, carrots, peas, and corn)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegan butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the mixed vegetables in olive oil or vegan butter until they’re tender.
- Add vegetable broth, salt, and pepper; simmer uncovered for about five minutes until reduced by half.
- Roll out puff pastry on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; brush lightly with water around edges before adding veggie mixture in center of dough.
- Fold edges up around filling (but not completely covering) sealing as well you can with your fingers or fork tongs; bake at 400°F for approximately twenty minutes or until golden browned.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Preheat your oven to 400°F degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the prepared puff pastry at that temperature for about twenty minutes or until it turns golden brown.
- Use fresh vegetables instead of frozen ones if possible because they make the dish more flavorful
- You can substitute other vegetables such as mushrooms or zucchini according to your preference
- Make sure not to overstuff the pie with too many veggies since it will affect how well sealed it comes out
Feel free to add herbs such as thyme, rosemary or parsley while cooking down the veggies–they’ll make everything taste even better!
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Large skillet
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper
To Sum Up: The recipe’s biggest takeaway and point in a singular sentence.
This easy-to-follow vegetarian puff pastry pie recipe with mixed veggies and seasoning options is perfect for anyone looking for a delicious, crowd-pleasing dish that’s simple to prepare.
Sure, here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Flaky and Delicious: Try Our Easy Vegetarian Puff Pastry Pie” recipe from AddM3:
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Answer: Yes! You can prepare the filling up to 24 hours in advance and store it covered in the fridge. Assemble the pie just before baking it to ensure maximum flakiness.
Can I freeze this puff pastry pie?
Answer: Yes, you can freeze the unbaked assembled pie (wrap it tightly in freezer-safe wrap), then thaw overnight or for a few hours before baking according to instructions.
Can I substitute other vegetables for those listed in the recipe?
Answer: Absolutely! One of the great things about this puff pastry pie is that you can customize it easily depending on what ingredients you have on hand. Feel free to swap out any of the veggies listed for your favorite alternatives or add extra veggies if desired. Just be sure they are cooked before adding them to the filling mixture.