If you’re looking for a hearty, healthy vegetarian meal that’s easy to put together, then this Easy Vegetarian Quiche Recipe with Flaky Crust is perfect. It’s a classic quiche recipe made without meat and packed full of delicious vegetables.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Made with wholesome ingredients
- Packed full of fresh veggies
- Perfect for brunch or dinner
- Can be reheated easily
For the crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 3–4 tbsp ice water
For the filling:
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed fresh vegetables (spinach, mushrooms, bell peppers etc.)
How To Make This Recipe:
Preheat the oven
- Preheat oven to … F (…C).
Prepare the crust
- In a medium-size bowl whisk together flour and salt.
- Add butter and mix until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add water until dough comes together as one ball.
- Flatten out ball on floured surface before rolling out evenly between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Put in freezer for around fifteen minutes.
- Chop veggies you plan to use into small bite sized pieces/strips/florets etc..
8 .Preheat pan on medium heat adding oil/butter or cooking spray when hot.
9 .Add your chopped vegetables stir every minute till they begin browning up nicely through moisture evaporating away completely.
Mix egg & milk filling
10 .In another mixing bowl combine eggs,milk,salt and pepper beating well making sure everything is well combined.
Roll Out Dough & Arrange In Pie Dish
- Remove the dough from the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes.
- Roll out the dough to fit your 9-inch pie dish lines with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and place crust into lined pie plate.
Add Your Veggies
13.Spread your veggies over top of the pie crust
Pour Egg Filling Over Veggies
14.Pour egg mixture over top, filling evenly.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines:
15.Bake in preheated oven until set, about 35-40 minutes.
- Don’t add too much water to the crust dough, as this will make it tough
- Use a non-stick pan when sautéing vegetables
- You can use any seasoning you prefer such as garlic powder, onion powder or herbs like thyme or basil.
- For best results, let quiche cool for ten to fifteen minutes after taking out of oven before cutting into .
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
- Rolling Pin
- Pastry Cutter
- Non-Stick Pan
To Sum Up:
The biggest takeaway from this recipe is that you can create a delicious vegetarian meal using fresh, wholesome ingredients without sacrificing flavor or texture thanks to this foolproof Easy Vegetarian Quiche Recipe with Flaky Crust!
Q: Can I make this quiche ahead of time and reheat it later?
A: Yes, you can prepare the quiche ahead of time and reheat it in the oven or microwave. To reheat in the oven, cover the quiche with foil and bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through. To reheat in a microwave, heat individual slices for about 30 seconds on high power.
Q: What kind of pie crust should I use for this recipe?
A: You can use either a store-bought or homemade pie crust for this recipe. If using store-bought crust, look for one that is made without lard or other animal products to keep it vegetarian-friendly. If making your own crust from scratch, be sure to follow the instructions carefully to ensure a flaky texture.
Q: Can I substitute other vegetables in place of broccoli and red pepper?
A: Yes! Feel free to mix up the vegetables based on your preferences or what’s available seasonally. Some ideas include spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, asparagus, sweet potato cubes, cherry tomatoes or caramelized onions. Cut them into bite-sized pieces before adding them to the filling so they cook evenly.
I hope these FAQs and answers are helpful!