If you’re looking for an easy and flavorful crockpot soup recipe that’s vegetarian-friendly, look no further than this cabbage soup recipe. This dish is packed with healthy veggies like carrots, onions, celery, and green beans, making it a great way to get your daily dose of nutrients.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Healthy: Packed with fiber and essential vitamins.
- Simple: Just load up the crockpot and let it do the work!
- Versatile: Use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- Budget-friendly: Cheap ingredients make this a cost-effective meal option.
- 4 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) fire-roasted tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make This Recipe
- Add all the ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Stir everything until well combined.
- Cook on low heat for about six hours or high heat for three hours until veggies are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines
For best results cook on low heat for six hours or high heat setting appropriately adjusted to cook time.
To add more flavor to the soup:
– Add some cumin and chili powder if you enjoy spicy flavors.
– Top each bowl off with fresh herbs such as parsley or thyme right before serving for some extra freshness.
## Seasoning Options
If desired try seasonings like smoked paprika or red pepper flakes sprinkled over finished soups..
## Recipe Tips
When cooking chunkier vegetables in a slow cooker like these root veggies cut them roughly similar sizes so they cook evenly.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Slow cooker (crockpot)
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
To sum Up
This easy crockpot soup recipe is perfect for vegetarians and anyone looking for a healthy, tasty, and budget-friendly meal option. Just add all the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it work its magic!
Q1: Can I make this recipe on the stovetop instead of using a crockpot?
A1: Yes, you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Simply follow the instructions as written but instead of transferring everything to a crockpot, add everything to a large pot and bring it to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer until vegetables are tender.
Q2: How long does this soup take in the crockpot?
A2: This soup takes approximately 4-6 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low in the crockpot until vegetables are tender. Keep an eye on it towards the end and adjust cooking time as needed based on your personal preferences and desired texture.
Q3: Can I freeze leftovers of this soup?
A3: Yes! Allow leftover soup to cool down before transferring it into an air-tight container or freezer bag. Store in the freezer for up to three months. When ready to reheat, simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then warm-up slowly either in microwave or stove-top.