Cook up tasty vegetarian meals with this slow cooker recipe for veggie delights from Bon Appétit. Packed with healthy, colorful vegetables and robust seasonings, these flavorful dishes are perfect for busy weeknights or cozy weekends.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve hot with your favorite grain or bread.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
Low temperature: ~6 hours; High temperature: ~4 hours.
- For an extra kick of heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper.
- Substitute sweet potato or pumpkin for the butternut squash if desired.
- Add fresh cilantro before serving
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Slow cooker
Enjoy deliciously nutritious vegetarian meals without spending too much time in the kitchen by utilizing your slow cooker!
50 character limit:
1. What are the best slow cooker vegetarian recipes?
A: Some popular slow cooker veggie recipes include lentil soup, chili, and stuffed peppers.
How long should I cook vegetables in a slow cooker?
A: This varies by recipe, but most require at least 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high.
Can you use a slow cooker for vegetarian meal prep?
A: Yes! Slow cookers are great for meal prepping because they allow you to prepare large batches of food at once that can be reheated throughout the week.
60 character limit:
1. What are some easy vegetarian meals for slow cookers?
A: Try lentil soup or chili – both packed with protein & flavor.
2.How long does it take to make veggies in a crockpot?
A: Usually around 4-6 hrs on low heat or 2-3 hrs on high.
3.Can I meal prep vegetarian dishes using a crockpot?
A: Absolutely! It’s perfect for batch cooking to have healthy food all week