If you’re looking for a delicious vegan and vegetarian-friendly recipe to add to your weekly meal rotation, be sure to try this luscious Lima bean dish. Surprisingly easy and quick to prepare, it’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
- 2 cups cooked lima beans
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (or use canned tomatoes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions until they are soft.
- Add celery and garlic into the skillet; cook for a few minutes together with onions.
- Reduce heat to low; add in chopped tomatoes along with salt, pepper, cumin powder and optional red chili flakes if using.
- Simmer everything together over low heat until well combined.
- Gently stir in the cooked lima beans last minute before removing from heat.
Total preparation time is approximately 30 minutes.
For an extra creamy consistency of the sauce , blend some or all of the cooked dish on high speed until smooth then store leftovers refrigerated up-to four days.
You may season this recipe as per your preference by adding more spice or herbs like oregano or basil leaves . Stick with Mediterranean herbs & spices!
A large skillet will work perfectly fine for making this recipe!
This Luscious Lima Bean Recipe is both healthy and flavorful plant-based option that can be easily made at home. It contains wholesome ingredients such as vegetables paired with protein-rich lima beans. Try this recipe today and add a tasty, nutritious dinner to your meal plan!
Q1: Can I use canned Lima beans instead of dried beans in this recipe?
A1: Yes, you can definitely use canned Lima beans if that is more convenient for you. However, the flavor may differ slightly from using dried beans, and it’s important to drain and rinse the canned beans thoroughly before adding them to the recipe.
Q2: Is this Lima bean recipe suitable for vegan diets?
A2: Yes! This luscious Lima bean recipe is entirely plant-based and free from animal-derived ingredients. It’s a great option for those following a vegan diet.
Q3: Can I make this dish ahead of time and reheat it later?
A3: Absolutely. In fact, many people find that soups and stews taste even better after they’ve had time for their flavors to meld together. You can make this Lima bean dish up to two days in advance and store it covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. When reheating on the stove, be sure to stir occasionally so that it heats evenly throughout.