Looking for a delicious and easy vegetarian dinner option? Look no further than these 10 Simple and Tasty Vegetarian Fried Rice recipes! Packed with protein, vegetables, and flavor, each recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to prepare: With simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions, these recipes are perfect for beginner cooks or anyone short on time.
- Customizable: Feel free to swap in your favorite veggies, add extra spices or sauces, or use different types of rice to make each recipe unique.
- Nutritious: Each recipe features whole grains, vegetables, protein-rich legumes like edamame or tofu.
- Budget-friendly: Using leftover rice and pantry staples makes these meals both affordable and delicious.
Ingredient List of the Recipe
Each of these fried rice recipes is designed to serve four people. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cooked brown rice (3 cups)
- Mixed vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots onion etc.(2 cups)
- Vegetable oil (2 tbsp.)
- Garlic cloves (4 minced)
For more specific ingredient lists please visit our blog(AddM3.com).
How To Make This Recipe
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil.
- Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds until fragrant; then add mixed vegetables.
- Cook the mixture for around 5 minutes until softened
- Stir in cooked brown rice
- Season the mixture with salt/pepper/liquid amino sauce/chili flakes(optional).
6.Spoon into serving bowls; top with garnish if desired.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines
The cooking time will vary depending on the specific recipe chosen but typically takes around 20 minutes from start to finish.
1.Use day-old (or older) cooked rice for optimal texture and flavor.
2. Add a splash of sesame oil or tamari for an extra burst of umami.
3. Make sure to chop vegetables into small, bite-sized pieces so they cook evenly.
1.For heat: add chili flakes, sriracha sauce or hot sauce
2. For protein: Add edamame beans, tofu cubes, roasted peanuts or chopped nuts (e.g., almonds)
3.For saltiness: Liquid amino sauce/soy sauce/tamari
- Prepping your ingredients beforehand makes the process much smoother
- Don’t overcook the veggies as they will become mushy
- Try using different types of rice such as jasmine rice, basmati rice etc.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Cutting board and sharp knife(for chopping veggies)
- Large skillet or wok(for frying the mixture)
To Sum Up:
These 10 Simple and Tasty Vegetarian Fried Rice recipes are perfect for anyone looking for a quick and nutritious meal that’s customizable to their taste preferences. They’re also great options for those who want to use up leftover ingredients in their pantry or fridge!
Q1. Can I use other types of rice instead of white rice?
A: Yes, you can use brown rice or any other type of grain like quinoa or barley in place of white rice.
Q2. How do I make sure my fried rice is not too wet or mushy?
A: The key to making perfect fried rice is to allow the cooked grains to cool completely before cooking them in a pan with oil and vegetables. Using day-old refrigerated rice works best as it will have a firmer texture that won’t turn out mushy when stir-fried.
Q3. Can I add meat or seafood to these vegetarian fried rice recipes?
A: Sure! If you are not following a vegetarian diet, you can definitely add cooked shrimp, chicken, pork or beef to these recipes for extra flavor and protein if desired. Simply cook the meat separately before adding it to the stir-fry with the veggies, eggs and sauce ingredients in the recipe.