Indian cuisine is known for its use of flavorful spices and herbs, making it a great option for vegetarians looking to add some variety to their meals. These 10 kale recipes incorporate the nutritional powerhouse that is kale into delicious and healthy Indian-inspired dishes.
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- Packed with nutrients: Kale is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Delicious flavors: Indian spices bring bold flavor to these vegetarian dishes.
- Easy to make: These recipes are simple enough for weeknight dinners yet impressive enough for dinner parties.
- 1 bunch of kale
- Spices (turmeric, coriander, cumin etc.)
- Tomatoes or Tomato Puree
- Lentils or Chickpeas
-Salt & Pepper
How To Make This Recipe:
- Wash the kale leaves thoroughly then remove stem veins. Roughly chop washed leaves as well as onion.
- Heat oil in pan adding onions until golden brown before mixing ginger garlic paste followed by salt,turmeric powder,cumin powder,mix well then put diced tomatoes.
3.Stir it once so everything mix well stir the mixture occasionally till you see oil separating from sides.combine finely chopped Kale leaves along with water in separate pot heat it up ,slow cooker preferred.
4.Then mixed veggie mixture then preparation comes along stirring constantly on simmer flame until all vegetables cooked tenderly-add cream due strove off flame & serve hot makes perfect accompaniment naan breads.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Preparation time – Have your ingredients ready within 5mins; Cook time – approximately 20 minutes; Serving Size : Approximately two persons ; Temperature : Medium low.
* If possible try using fresh kale and onion to ensure the freshest taste
* Try adding different vegetables like Bell Peppers or Potatoes
You can add more chili if you prefer spicier food.
- Use a slow cooker, if possible, for an even more tender dish.
- Kale leaves cook down quickly so be mindful of how much you’re using.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Large skillet or saucepan
- Slow Cooker
To Sum Up
This “Kale Saag” recipe brings together the nutritional powerhouse that is kale with traditional Indian spices and vegetables. The result is a deliciously flavorful vegetarian dish perfect for dinners any night of the week.
Here are three popular frequently asked questions with answers for ’10 Indian Kale Recipes for Vegetarians: Healthy and Flavorful’:
Q: Are these recipes suitable for vegans?
A: Yes! All the recipes in this collection are free from animal-derived ingredients and follow a plant-based diet, which makes them vegan-friendly.
Q: Can I substitute kale with other leafy greens if I don’t have it at home?
A: While kale is the main ingredient of these recipes, you can substitute it with other leafy green vegetables like spinach or chard; just keep in mind that you may need to adjust cooking times accordingly.
Q: Are Indian spices used in these recipes easily available internationally?
A: Many of the spices used in Indian cuisine are now widely available globally, including turmeric, cumin, coriander seeds, and garam masala. You can also find many pre-made spice blends online or at specialty stores. If you cannot find all of the specific spices mentioned in a recipe, feel free to experiment by using what you have on hand or omitting those that are not essential to the dish’s flavor profile.