This hearty and comforting vegetarian chili macaroni is the perfect weeknight dinner for those busy evenings. Made with wholesome ingredients, this dish is both satisfying and nutritious.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a one-pot meal that can be made in 30 minutes or less.
- Packed with plant-based protein from beans and lentils.
- Budget-friendly – uses inexpensive pantry staples for an affordable meal option.
- Crowd pleaser – both adults and kids love this flavorful dish.
- Olive oil
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
_ Diced tomatoes
How To Make This recipe
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ground cumin, chili powder and smoked paprika to the pot; cook for 30 seconds more until fragrant.
- Pour diced tomatoes along with their juice into the pot then add black beans, kidney beans, green lentils along with vegetable broth. Bring everything to a boil over high heat then reduce to simmer until lentil are tender about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile bring water to boil in another pot then salt generously before cooking pasta according on the package instructions.
5.Once pasta is cooked stir it well into your hot chili Let sit off of the heat for several minutes allowing some of moisture absorb into your pasta before serving.
Serve hot garnished wish chopped cilantro or parsley alongside some vegan cheese sauce!
Cooking time and temperature guidelines:
Cooking Time: Approximately 30 Minutes
1) If you don’t have any green lentils, feel free to use brown lentils instead.
2) Add a splash of apple cider vinegar or lime juice for extra tanginess if desired.
1) Adjust the chili powder and smoked paprika based on your preferred spice level.
2) Use fresh herbs such as cilantro, parsley or thyme to add freshness to the dish.
1) Rinse canned beans thoroughly with water before using them.
2) Make sure to cook the pasta in well-salted boiling water until al dente while you make the chili.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Large Pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
To sum Up:
This Vegetarian Chili Macaroni is a delicious and easy one-pot weeknight dinner that is packed with protein and made with wholesome ingredients – perfect for those busy evenings.
Can I use a different type of pasta in this vegetarian chili macaroni recipe?
Yes, you can definitely use a different type of pasta in this recipe if you prefer or have a specific type on hand. Just keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the shape and size of the pasta, so adjust accordingly.
How can I make this chili macaroni spicier?
If you prefer your chili macaroni with more heat, feel free to add more spices such as chili powder, cumin, or red pepper flakes to taste. You could also add some diced jalapeño peppers or hot sauce for an extra kick.
Can I freeze this vegetarian chili macaroni dish?
Yes! This dish is great for meal prep and leftovers since it reheats well and can be frozen for up to 2-3 months (just be sure to use freezer-safe containers). Simply thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating on the stovetop or microwave until heated through.
I hope these FAQs help!