Are you looking for a delicious vegetarian meal that is healthy and easy to prepare? Look no further than this Vegetarian Hand-Pulled Cantonese Noodle recipe! With simple ingredients and step-by-step instructions, you’ll have a flavorful dish in no time.
- 1 lb hand-pulled noodles (can substitute with spaghetti if needed)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 5 shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper julienned
- ½ cup carrots julienned
- Cook the hand-pulled noodles according to package instructions.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium heat add vegetable oil and sauté garlic until fragrant then add onions.
- Once onions turn translucent add shiitake mushrooms.
- Add the remaining vegetables: red bell peppers,julienned green bell peppers and carrots cooking until everything is just tender-crisp.
- Toss in cooked hand-pulled noodles to combine all ingredients together thoroughly.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines:
Total Cooking Time: approximately 20 minutes
- Use fresh veggies for maximum flavor!
- If using dried pasta instead of hand pulled-dough use half cooking time recommended on package.
Season with salt & black pepper
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
Wok or large skillet
To sum up: Enjoy delicious Vegetarian Hand-Pulled Cantonese Noodles by cooking pulled noodles then adding freshly sauteéd shiitake mushroom,onion,bellpeppers,and crisp-tender carrots!
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes! To make this recipe gluten-free, use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend in place of wheat flour. You can also substitute tamari or liquid aminos for soy sauce and ensure that all other ingredients are certified gluten-free.
I don’t have a pasta machine, can I still make these noodles?
Absolutely! Although a pasta machine is helpful to achieve consistent thickness and texture, you can still hand-pull the noodles without one. Roll out the dough thinly using a rolling pin and cut into thin strips before pulling them apart by hand.
How long do these noodles keep in the fridge?
The best way to store these noodles is in an airtight container or sealed plastic bag in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. If you want to extend their shelf life further, freeze them wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and placed inside an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 2 months.