If you’re vegan or vegetarian, finding the perfect gravy recipe can be a challenge. This Ultimate Vegan Gravy is rich and savory, packed with flavor that will leave your taste buds wanting more.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- Perfect for those following a plant-based diet
- Easy to make with common ingredients
- Rich in flavor without using animal products
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
How To Make This Recipe:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the vegan butter. Add in the flour and stir constantly for about two minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the vegetable broth until smooth.
- Stir in soy sauce, dried thyme, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil while stirring constantly then reduce heat to low and simmer for five minutes.
Cooking time guidelines:
Cooking time: approximately five minutes
- Use Earth Balance or another high-quality brand of vegan butter
- Use low-sodium vegetable broth as needed
- Whisk continuously when adding in liquid ingredients for even consistency
Add garlic powder or fresh herbs like rosemary or sage for added flavor.
For thicker gravy increase amount of flour used.
Recommended Tools For This Recipe:
To sum up, this Ultimate Vegan Gravy is an easy-to-make recipe that will complement any dish perfectly without compromising on richness and flavor!
Here are 3 popular frequently asked questions and answers for the “Ultimate Vegan Gravy: Rich & Savory Recipe” on AddM3:
Q1. Can I make this vegan gravy ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this gravy ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. When ready to use, simply reheat over low heat on the stove or in the microwave until heated through.
Q2. Can I substitute nutritional yeast with other ingredients?
A: Nutritional yeast adds a cheesy flavor and richness to the gravy, but if you don’t have any on hand or prefer not to use it, you can omit it from the recipe or try substituting with another savory seasoning like miso paste or soy sauce.
Q3. How do I thicken this vegan gravy if its consistency is too thin?
A: If your vegan gravy turns out thinner than desired, there are several ways to thicken it up depending on what ingredients you have available. You can mix a tablespoon of cornstarch with cold water until smooth and whisk into simmering gravy until thickened; add mashed potatoes or beans for added thickness; or let simmer for longer period (about 20 minutes) while stirring occasionally until reduced and thicker consistency is achieved.