If you’re looking for a flavorful and spicy twist on classic spaghetti, try this delicious Indian-inspired recipe. It’s easy to make and packed with veggies, spices, and healthy ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Bold flavors from aromatic spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric
- Hearty and filling thanks to the combination of fresh vegetables
- A vegan-friendly option that is also packed with protein-rich legumes
Ingredient list of the recipe
- Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- Garlic cloves
- Bell pepper (red or green)
- Tomatoes or canned diced tomatoes
- Ground cumin
- Ground coriander
- Garam masala (optional)
- Turmeric powder
- Chili flakes or powder
Additional options you can add to increase the nutrients in the dish:
additional vegetables such as spinach leaves, carrots sliced into thin rounds, sliced mushrooms,
or finely sliced kale.
Chickpeas are also an excellent addition when looking for plant-based protein sources.
How To Make This Recipe
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente; reserve half cup of its cooking water before draining it.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions and sauté until lightly browned but not burned.
- Add garlic cloves minced along with bell pepper slices followed by zucchini cut into cubes .Sauté all these ingredients till they get little soft.
- Next add chopped tomatoes accompanied by ground cumin ,coriander powder alongwith turmeric powders.Simmer everything together till these cook throughly.Add salt according to taste preferences.
5.Toss drained pasta adding reserved cooking water if needed.Use tongs so noodles can be mixed thoroughly with the sauce.
- Serve hot topped with chili flakes or chili powder and/or freshly chopped cilantro.
Cooking time and temperature guidelines
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Use fresh, seasonal vegetables to make the dish even more flavorful!
- Be careful not to overcook the vegetables, as they should have a slightly firm texture for optimal taste.
The recipe already incorporates a blend of warm cumin, coriander,turmeric powders alongwith Garam masala which can easily be substituted with Curry Powder. Additional seasonings could include:
– Fresh herbs like parsley or basil on top
– Toasted sesame seed sprinkled
If you want to add some heat, use chili flakes or chopped fresh green chilies.
- Feel free to adjust the spice levels according to your preferences.
- Adding roasted cashews or peanuts will provide a satisfying crunch and nutty flavor that complements the spices in this dish.
To cook this delicious spaghetti recipe optimally,you need below mentioned tools:
1 Large skillet
1 Pasta Pot
This vegetarian-friendly Indian twist pasta offers bold flavors from aromatic spices such as cumin, coriander,turmeric that work harmoniously together.Optimistically speaking,this recipe is packed with filling high-fiber veggies seasoned thoroughly by using traditional Indian Spices.The addition of legumes such as chickpeas also give an added protein boost if desired.You’ll love how simple it comes together!
Q1. Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
A: Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free spaghetti instead of regular spaghetti. Additionally, ensure that all the other ingredients you use are certified gluten-free and do not contain any hidden sources of gluten.
Q2. Is the spice level in this recipe too high for children?
A: The level of spiciness in this recipe can be adjusted according to individual taste preferences. You can decrease or increase the quantity of spices used based on your preference. For children, it is recommended to reduce the amount of chili powder and cayenne powder used in the recipe.
Q3. Can I substitute tofu for paneer in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute tofu for paneer in this recipe if you prefer vegan options or do not have access to paneer. However, keep in mind that tofu has a different texture than paneer and may require longer cooking times to absorb flavors from the sauce properly.