Basil is a fragrant herb that can add depth and complexity to vegetarian dishes. Here are ten of the best vegetarian recipes featuring basil for a fresh and flavorful twist!
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh mozzarella
- Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
Directions or Preparation Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, then arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Tear the fresh mozzarella into small pieces and spread them over the top of the cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper, and chopped basil over everything.
- Drizzle olive oil over everything one last time before placing it in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Note: The cooking time may vary depending on your oven’s temperature and how crispy you want your dish to be.
- Use high-quality ingredients such as fresh basil leaves for optimal flavor.
- If you prefer spicier food, consider adding red pepper flakes or cayenne powder during step 4 (be careful not to use too much).
- To make this dish vegan-friendly, swap out the fresh mozzarella cheese for vegan cheese alternatives.
Feel free to experiment with different seasonings that complement basil! Some additional options include:
– Balsamic vinegar reduction drizzled on top of everything right before serving
– Garlic powder added during step four for an extra flavor boost
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
Here are some recommended tools that can make preparing this recipe even easier:
– A sharp knife for slicing cherry tomatoes neatly,
– A baking sheet lined with parchment paper ensures easy cleanup afterwards
This simple recipe features rich flavors from high-quality ingredients like juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fragrant basil. Perfect for a summer lunch or dinner party serving!
Q: Can I use dried basil instead of fresh in these recipes?
A: While fresh basil is preferred in these recipes for its bright, aromatic flavor, you can substitute dried basil if you don’t have access to fresh. Keep in mind that dried herbs are more potent than fresh, so start by using half the amount called for in the recipe and adjust to taste.
Q: Are these recipes vegan-friendly?
A: Most of the recipes on this list are vegetarian and can be made vegan with a few simple substitutions. For example, you could use tofu or tempeh instead of cheese in the Caprese Sandwich, or coconut cream instead of heavy cream in the Tomato Basil Soup.
Q: How long will pesto keep in the fridge?
A: Pesto will typically keep well refrigerated for up to one week if stored properly in an airtight container. If you want to extend its shelf life further, you can freeze it into ice cube trays and store them individually wrapped or bagged until ready to use.