If you’re looking for a flavourful and nutritious twist on the classic burger, these Caribbean burgers are the perfect solution. Bursting with spices like cumin, coriander, and allspice, along with some fresh herbs and colourful veggies, these burgers will transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise. Plus, they are vegan-friendly and gluten-free!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Takes only 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
- Versatile – can be served as a burger or in lettuce wraps.
- Packed with plant-based protein from kidney beans, quinoa and pumpkin seeds.
For the burgers:
– Cooked quinoa
– Red onion
– Garlic cloves
– Canned kidney beans
– Pumpkin seeds
– Sweet potato or butternut squash
– Fresh thyme leaves
– Ground coriander
-Burger buns/bread of choice
-Lettuce leaves/tomato slices/onion slices
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor , add red onion，garlic，cooked quinoa,pumpkin seeds,canned kidney beans,sweet potato/butternut squash,fresh thyme,maple syrup，cumin ，coriander，paprika，allspice,and salt . Pulse until well combined,but not too smooth since you want some texture .
- Form mixture into six patties.
- Put patties on prepared baking sheet;.Bake in preheated oven for about 20–25 minutes or until crispy;flip once halfway through cooking time；Serve hot.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and bake for about 20–25 minutes.
- Toast the buns before serving, it will give a nice crisp texture.
- Make ahead: Form the patties and freeze them until needed.
Add some hot sauce or jalapeno peppers if you like a spicy kick!
-If you prefer, substitute other veggies such as carrots or zucchini in place of sweet potato/butternut squash.
-To make gluten-free burgers, use gluten-free buns/bread .
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
To sum up, these Caribbean burgers are an ideal meal that is high in protein, nutrient-dense, flavourful and quick to cook. They are ideal for anyone looking to experiment with new vegan recipes without compromising on taste!
Q: Can I make these burgers without a food processor?
A: Yes, you can. If you don’t have a food processor, finely chop the beans and other ingredients and mix them together in a bowl. The texture may be slightly different than if made in a food processor, but it should still form patties that hold together.
Q: Can I substitute black beans with another type of bean?
A: Yes, you can use kidney beans or chickpeas instead of black beans. Just make sure to drain and rinse them well before using.
Q: How can I customize the spicy level in this recipe?
A: The amount of spice can be adjusted to your preference by adding more or less jalapeno pepper or hot sauce. Keep in mind that removing the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno will decrease its spiciness. You can also adjust seasoning levels after cooking by topping with extra hot sauce or salsa if desired.