Looking to shake up your summer grilling routine? Look no further than these delicious and flavorful Indian vegetarian BBQ recipes.
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- Bold and unique flavors
- Perfect for vegetarians or anyone looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet
- Easy to make with simple ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Paneer (Indian cheese)
– Assorted vegetables like peppers, onions, mushrooms, etc.
– Yogurt and spices for marinade
– Tandoori masala powder
– Lemon juice
How To Make These Recipes
- Prepare the marinade using yogurt, herbs & spices.
- Cube the paneer and chop veggies.
- Soak the paneer in prepared marinade along with veggies of choice for 2 hours or overnight.
- Thread onto skewers and grill over medium-high heat until crispy on outside yet soft inside.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines
Preheat your grill at high flame(220C) temperature prior to grilling skewers as it requires high temperature sear till crisp charred marks are formed then reduce heat slightly about 180 C for perfect juicy paneer cubes from within.
1.Start marinating process a day earlier if possible or at least 2 hours prior in order to let all those delectable spicy flavours getting soaked well into cottage cheese chunks (paneer).
2.Add some lemon juice drops while marinating any curd based sauces/marinades,because this will help marinade penetrate easily into vegetables/paneer,cleanse indian cheese giving curried taste/flavour all blending upto perfection without feeling heavy!
Don’t hesitate adding extra herbs/spices such as garam masala,dry fenugreek or even green chillies, when marinade is being prepared as little extra herb/spice kick can never hurt!
- Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling,to prevent them from burning up.
- Don’t skip marination part as it takes the taste profile to whole next level.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Wooden Skewers
- Mixing bowls
To Sum Up
These flavorful Indian vegetarian BBQ recipes are perfect for summer grilling season, featuring bold flavors and easy-to-make recipes that will please everyone at your dinner table.
Q: Are Indian BBQ recipes difficult to prepare?
A: Not necessarily. While some recipes may require a little more time and effort than others, many Indian BBQ recipes are quite simple and do not require complicated techniques or hard-to-find ingredients. Additionally, much of the preparation can often be done ahead of time to make things easier on the day of cooking.
Q: Which spices are commonly used in Indian vegetarian BBQ recipes?
A: Many different spices are used in Indian cuisine, but some common ones used in vegetarian BBQ recipes include cumin, coriander, turmeric, garam masala (a blend of ground spices), chili powder or flakes for heat, and ginger/garlic paste for flavor.
Q: Can I substitute different vegetables or proteins in these recipes?
A: Absolutely! One great thing about vegetarian barbecue is how versatile it can be – you can easily swap out one vegetable for another depending on what’s available/in season or adjust the seasoning to suit your preferences. For example, mushrooms could be substituted for paneer (a type of cheese) in a kebab recipe if you prefer that flavor profile instead. Feel free to experiment and get creative with your recipe choices!