A Vegetarian Indian Dinner Recipe
Looking to spice things up and add some variety to your meal plan? Why not try this flavorful vegetarian Indian dinner recipe! It’s perfect for those looking to experiment with more plant-based dishes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Bursting with flavor
- Easy to customize based on personal preferences or dietary restrictions
- Nutritious and filling
For the rice:
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
For the curry:
- 1/4 cup moong dal (split green gram)
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt, to taste
- Water, as required
- A pinch of hing / asafoetida
- Few curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
For the masala:
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt, as per taste
How To Make This Recipe:
This recipe has four components that are easy to prepare:
- Rinse the rice thoroughly a few times until the water runs clear. Soak it in water for at least half an hour.
- Take a pot and bring one part water to two parts soaked basmati rice.
- Cook on low heat for about twenty-five minutes or until you reach your desired texture.
Dal Curry Preparation:
- Wash moong dal thoroughly under running tap water.
- Boil sufficient amount of water in pressure cooker; add washed moong daal, turmeric powder & salt along with required amount of INDIAN spices .
- Cook until soft and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat, add cumin seeds, hing (asafoetida), curry leaves & sauté for a few seconds.
- In a separate pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Fry the onions until they turn golden brown in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté for some time. Then sprinkle coriander powder and turmeric powder on top of it.
- Mix in the moong dal to this preparation; cook for 2-3 minutes .
- Finally, garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
It takes approximately 35-40 minutes to prepare this recipe which involves making rice, assembling ingredients into one satisfying dish.
- Make sure to use twice as much water as the amount of soaked rice when cooking basmati rice to achieve perfect texture upon cooking.
- Ensure that daal is not too thin while cooking.
-Rinse the basmati rice thoroughly multiple times before soaking them properly.
-The amount of water added during the boiling process depends on personal preferences regarding dal thickness
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
Pressure Cooker , Wok /kadhai
This vegetarian Indian dinner recipe combines tasty spiced selections resulting in one hearty dish fulfilling both taste buds cravings and nutritional values that you wont forget anytime soon! Enjoy your fusion culinary experimenting without compromising time efficiency with every step towards fulfilling your next meal!
I’m sorry, but I cannot generate specific FAQs and answers related to a topic without any information or content about it. Can you please provide me with more details regarding the ‘Spice Up Your Night: Vegetarian Indian Dinner Recipes in Tamil’? This will help me in providing relevant and accurate FAQs with their answers.