Looking for a scrumptious, wholesome, and nutrient-rich dish that caters to your vegan or vegetarian palate? Look no further than our prize-winning Veggie Chili recipe! This flavorsome delight pleases the crowd with its richness of taste, protein content and high fiber quality, making it perfect for any occasion.
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- Optional: 1 jalapeno pepper
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Chili powder, paprika, cumin & coriander seeds. Fresh cilantro leaves (optional).
- Finely chop the onions and garlic.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Sauté diced onions until they are translucent in color.
- Finely chop all peppers along with carrots and celery into small pieces then add them to sautéed onions in the pot.
- Mix well; reduce heat temperature on low while stirring occasionally for around five minutes or till veggies release liquids indicating being half-cooked.
- Lightly season with salt before covering veggie mix ingredients’ warming-up period at low temperatures for approximately ten more minutes or until tender-crisp.(For an added spice kick on chili you can now include minced jalapeño)
- Stir spices(chili powder,paprika,cumin,and coriander seed) evenly till distributed.You may choose instead to use your homemade blend as per your preference but ensure equal distribution across ayour vegetables too!
8.Add next canned items:
9. Mix these ingredients well and increase heat to medium-high.
10. Bring the chili to a simmer, reduce the heat & let cook for 30-40 minutes till thickened, stir occasionally according to your preference.
11. Season your chili as per taste using extra salt or pepper if required.
12.Finally, you are now ready to serve this lovely recipe!
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Approximately 1 hour (including prep time)
Temperature required: Low-medium high throughout preparation
- This recipe tastes great when served over rice or quinoa for an even more nutritious meal.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried ones wherever possible, like oregano, thyme or sage which add an aromatic burst of flavors that will elevate your dish!
- Make it spicier by adding more jalapenos or hot sauce.
Add any of these seasoning options depending on preferences: Chili powder; Paprika; Ground cumin seed; Coriander seed.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
These tools are recommended while preparing our Veggie Chili recipe-
– Large pot with lid;
– Cutting board;
– Chef’s knife
Our award-winning Veggie Chili is a fan favorite that’s bursting with flavor and nutrition in every bite! With an array of veggies and spices aimed at pleasing any craving while providing key nutrients essential for optimal health, you can’t go wrong with this scrumptious dish!
Q: Is your veggie chili recipe spicy?
A: Yes, our award-winning veggie chili recipe has some heat to it, but you can adjust the level of spiciness to your taste preferences by adding or reducing the amount of hot sauce or chili powder in the recipe.
Q: Can I make this veggie chili recipe in a slow cooker or instant pot?
A: Absolutely! This recipe works well in both a slow cooker and an Instant Pot. For a slow cooker, simply cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours until the vegetables and beans are tender. For an Instant Pot, use the sauté function to cook onion and garlic before pressure-cooking all ingredients together on high pressure for about 10 minutes.
Q: Can I freeze leftovers of this veggie chili?
A: Definitely! Our award-winning veggie chili freezes very well, making it perfect for meal prep or batch cooking ahead of time. Simply let it cool down completely, portion it into freezer-safe containers or bags (leaving enough room for expansion), label them with the date and contents, then freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, thaw overnight in the fridge first then heat up over low-medium heat on a stove-top until heated through.