Are you in need of a quick and delicious breakfast that is both satisfying and packed with vegetables? Look no further than these 10-minute veggie breakfast ideas!
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- Small handful of cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sliced cucumber
- Red onion or scallions
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, slice the avocado in half, remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl.
- Mash up the avocado until it’s spreadable but still slightly chunky.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, dice any additional veggies you’d like to include as an add-in.
- Spread mashed avocado onto each slice of toasted bread, then top with sliced cherry tomatoes (and any other additional toppings you prefer). Season with salt and pepper.
Cooking Time/Temperature Guidelines:
This recipe takes just 10 minutes from start to finish! There are no cooking temperatures involved as this recipe includes raw veggies.
- Choose ripe avocados for optimal flavor and texture – they should be firm yet give slightly when gently squeezed.
- Swap out whole grain bread for gluten-free or another type of toast if preferred.
- Use a knife instead of a spoon to remove the pit from an avocado for added safety.
For added flavor, try sprinkling some everything bagel seasoning on top or adding hot sauce or sriracha!
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
To sum up: These easy-to-make veggie breakfasts are not only delish but also healthy thanks to fiber-rich whole grains plus nutrient-packed fruits/veggies – perfect for busy mornings!
Q: Do the recipes require any special equipment or kitchen tools?
A: No, most of the recipes in “Quick & Delish” can be prepared using basic kitchen equipment such as a skillet, saucepan, and a toaster. You may need a blender or food processor for some recipes but they are not essential.
Q: Are these recipes suitable for meal prepping?
A: Yes! Many of these breakfast options can be prepped ahead of time so that you only have to spend minutes assembling them in the morning. The oatmeal bowl and chia pudding can even be made several days in advance.
Q: I’m new to plant-based eating – will I find these recipes filling?
A: Absolutely! All of the breakfasts included in Quick & Delish feature protein-rich veggies like spinach and kale along with fiber-rich fruits like berries and bananas that keep you full until lunchtime. Plus many include healthy fats from avocados, nuts or seeds which all add sustaining energy throughout your day.
I hope this helps!