Are you looking for a quick and easy meal to make anytime? Try this delicious Vegetarian Tortilla recipe! Packed with tasty veggies, this meal is perfect when you’re short on time but still want something healthy and flavorful.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Great source of protein
- Packed with flavor from the veggies
- Simple to make, even for beginner cooks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper or chili flakes (optional)
- Shredded cheese (optional)
How To Make This Recipe
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add chopped bell peppers and zucchini along with salt & pepper (and cayenne or chili flakes if desired).
- Cook vegetables until they start to soften but are not mushy or too browned – about 8 minutes.
- Warm tortillas according to package instructions either on the stove-top or oven.
- Fill each warmed tortilla evenly with cooked veggies inside wrap tightly like a burrito.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines:
Cooking time: Approximately 30 mins
Temperature setting: Medium-high heat
- Use different colored bell-peppers for an extra burst of color in your dish.
- Adding mashed avocado instead of cheese provides creaminess that pairs well with spicy veggie filling
To add some kick choose between using cayenne powder alternatively use red chili seeds as toppings
- Cut vegetables in small pieces so they cook evenly and quickly
- Be careful not to overstuff your tortilla, or it might burst.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
Large pan or skillet, spatula and a sharp knife
To sum Up:
With easy preparation, quick cook time and endless options to suit everyone’s taste buds. This vegetarian Tortilla recipe is the perfect meal for anytime. Enjoy a balanced diet while indulging in something delicious without sacrificing any flavor.
Sure! Below are three popular FAQs along with their answers for “Quick and Easy Vegetarian Tortilla: Perfect Meal for Anytime”:
What kind of tortillas should I use for this recipe?
You can use any type of tortilla you like, but we recommend using whole-grain or whole-wheat tortillas to increase the fiber content and make the meal more filling.
Can I add meat to this recipe?
Of course! This is a vegetarian recipe, but you can add grilled chicken, steak, or even shrimp if you prefer. Just cook your protein separately and add it to the tortilla along with the vegetables and other ingredients.
How long will leftover tortillas keep in the fridge?
Cooked tortillas will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, wrap them in foil and heat them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F (180 C) until heated throughout or microwave on high for 20 – 30 seconds until warm. Make sure to store your leftovers as soon as possible after cooking by refrigerating them within two hours of preparation time.
I hope these answers help clarify some common questions that people might have about making this delicious vegetarian tortilla dish!