Are you looking for a quick and tasty vegetarian meal that the whole family will enjoy? Look no further than this delicious vegetarian pizza recipe! Made with fresh, wholesome ingredients, this easy pizza is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy Sundays at home.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Healthy and filling: Loaded with veggies including bell peppers and mushrooms, this pizza is a great way to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet.
- Quick and easy: With ready-made crusts available at most grocery stores, this recipe comes together in just 25 minutes.
- Customizable: Swap out the toppings to suit your tastes or use up whatever veggies you have on hand.
- 1 pre-made pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: olives, pineapple chunks
How to Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread marinara sauce over pre-made crust.
- Top with onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and any additional toppings of choice.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the vegetables.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until vegetables are cooked through and cheese is melted.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
Preheat oven at temperature of 425°F before baking.
If time allows:
– make homemade dough instead of using store-bought crust;
– sautéing vegetable mixture beforehand will deepen flavor
To avoid a soggy crust, bake the pizza on a preheated baking sheet or pizza stone.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Pre-made pizza crust (such as Boboli)
- 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet
- Cutting Board
- Sharp knife
To sum up
This vegetarian pizza is a quick and easy meal that can be customized to suit your tastes. With ready-made crusts, plenty of veggies and many options for seasoning toppings, it’s perfect for Meatless Mondays or any day when you need a wholesome and delicious dinner in no time.
Sure, here are three popular FAQs with answers for a quick and delicious vegetarian pizza recipe:
Can I make this pizza vegan?
Yes! To make this recipe vegan, simply omit the mozzarella cheese or substitute it with a plant-based alternative like cashew cheese or nutritional yeast flakes. You can also add toppings like marinated tofu, tempeh crumbles, or sliced avocado for added flavor and protein.
What are some other vegetarian toppings that would work well on this pizza?
The great thing about making your own pizza is that you can customize it to your liking! Some delicious vegetarian toppings to consider include sliced bell peppers, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, artichoke hearts, olives, fresh herbs such as basil or oregano and sun-dried tomatoes.
How can I save time when making homemade pizza dough?
Making homemade pizza dough does require some extra time and effort compared to using pre-made crusts; however there are several ways you can streamline the process. Firstly,you can purchase pre-made (and often organic) store-bought dough at many grocery stores which saves both time&effort . Or if you prefer making your own dough then you could always prepare it ahead of time (day before), so by the time when you want to make pizzas,the toughest part will already be over.Also while preparing the topping ingredients during handling of tomato sauce/gravy ,you could have kept the crust in oven to do partially baking -which saves some usefull minutes too!