Are you a vegan or vegetarian looking for ways to incorporate more protein into your diet? Look no further than these 10 delicious plant-based recipes, each packing a punch of protein and flavor!
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- They are all meat-free and dairy-free, making them perfect for vegans and vegetarians.
- They use nutrient-dense ingredients like legumes, nuts, and seeds to provide ample protein.
- Each recipe is packed with flavor and satisfying textures.
Ingredient List for Each Recipe
- Lentil Bolognese: brown lentils, canned diced tomatoes, onion, garlic, tomato paste, dried oregano
- Spicy Peanut Tofu Bowls: extra-firm tofu, peanut butter sauce (peanut butter, soy sauce/tamari/coconut aminos), zucchini noodles or rice noodles
- Chickpea Flour Frittata: chickpea flour (gram flour/besan), baking powder eggs (flaxseed + water substitute) , nutritional yeast flakes
- Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas with Avocado Cilantro Sauce: black beans lime juice white corn tortillas garlic ground cumin chili powder sweet potatoes red enchilada sauce avocados fresh cilantro cashews jalapeño pepper adobo sauce-red)
- Vegan Jackfruit BBQ Pulled ‘Pork’ Sandwiches: jackfruit onion garlic ketchup apple cider vinegar spicy Dijon mustard pure maple syrup smoked paprika chili powder vegetable broth liquid smoke buns
- Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers: quinoa onions bell peppers garlic black beans tomato paste vegetable broth/stock Mexican spices cheese/sour cream/coriander toppings optional.
- Vegan Sausage Rolls with Pumpkin Seed Pesto Sauce : vegan sausages store-bought puff pastry sheet, pumpkin seeds, basil leaves, garlic clove,
- Creamy Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff: fusilli mushrooms onion garlic vegetable stock nutritional yeast tahini coconut milk lemon juice ground paprika
- Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets: extra-firm tofu or thick slabs of tempeh, cornstarch flour (whole wheat flour) baking powder paprika cumin nutritional yeast flakes soy sauce non-dairy milk
- One-Pot Lentil Butternut Squash Curry: lentils butternut squash onion ginger garlic garam masala curry powder canned diced tomato coconut milk vegetable broth lime juice
How To Make These Recipes:
The preparation instructions for each recipe are very comprehensive and detailed.
1. Lentil Bolognese:
– Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until soft.
– Add lentils and cook with tomato paste, oregano and diced tomatoes until the lentils are soft.
2. Spicy Peanut Tofu Bowls:
– Pan-fry drained tofu cubes till golden brown.
– Cook up your noodles according to package directions then toss together with peanut butter sauce and stir fry veggies over high heat.#
3. Chickpea Flour Frittata
– Mix all ingredients together in a bowl then pour into a greased skillet/frying pan then bake in oven for 18–20 minutes until set completely before flipping it over/cutting into slices.
4. Black Bean Sweet Potato Enchiladas with Avocado Cilantro Sauce
– Sauté onions & Garlic ,Then add cooked sweet potato flesh along with smashed black beans to form the filling.Meanwhile make the avocado-cilantro-lime sauce Puree’ avocados,cashews,jalapeño pepper,greek yogurt,lime juice & spices to form a smooth purée.After assembling put on top some cheese/dairy-free cheese and bake until cooked.
5. Vegan Jackfruit BBQ Pulled ‘Pork’ Sandwiches:
– Sauté the onions in oil then add garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the rest of the ingredients.Then most importantly shred the jackfruit before serving on toasted buns with coleslaw or other toppings as desired
- Use fresh herbs! Most recipes call for fresh parsley, coriander/cilantro, Basil to both season & add flavor profiles to each recipe
- Don’t overcook your lentils! Check them frequently while they’re cooking 🙂
- Salt and pepper are always a good start!
- Taco/Fajita seasoning – this is great on all Mexican dishes
- Garlic powder/onion powder/smoked paprika/chili – use these spices at will!
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines:
Each recipe has its own specific cooking time and temperature (varies between 20 mins -1 hour) mentioned along with it.
- Serve any dish with a crisp green salad or steamed/baked veggies for added nutrition.
- Pair up each dish with some kind of grain/bread/rice/noodles/aloo paratha/naan bread that you personally enjoy.
Recommended Tools to Make These Recipes:
Depending upon individual taste preferences, basic kitchen tools should be enough.
To sum up: The biggest takeaway from these protein-packed plant-based plates is that there are endless ways to create satisfying, nutritious meals without relying on meat or dairy products. With flavorful ingredients like lentils, tofu, sweet potatoes, mushrooms,and more; these delicious recipes will prove just how easy it is to incorporate plant-based proteins into your diet.
So whether you’re vegan, vegetarian; interested in healthier eating options; looking for tasty weeknight dinners/school lunches/or meal prep ideas—these top 10 protein-packed plant-based plates will surely help you simplify your meal planning, experiment with new flavors and add more delicious plant-based options to your weekly cooking rotation.
Q: Can I still get enough protein on a plant-based diet?
A: Yes! While animal products are known sources of protein, there are plenty of plant-based foods that can provide adequate protein too. Some excellent sources include beans, lentils, tofu, tempeh, nuts and seeds like chia seeds and hemp hearts, quinoa, and oats. The recipes in this collection all use these ingredients to create satisfying and nutritious meals.
Q: Are these recipes gluten-free?
A: Some of the recipes in this collection are naturally gluten-free (like the Three-Bean Chili or Smoky Vegan Sloppy Joes), while others may require substitutions to make them gluten-free (like using gluten-free pasta instead of regular pasta for the Creamy Mushroom Penne). Angela provides suggestions for modifications where possible to accommodate various dietary needs.
Q: How long will leftovers keep in the fridge?
A: Leftovers will generally keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For best results when reheating leftovers like stews or chili, gently heat them over low heat on the stove until they’re warm throughout.Adding a small amount of water if necessary helps prevent sticking or drying out during reheating.
I hope that helps!