A Tasty and Nutritious Vegan Recipe: Veggie-Stuffed Tomatoes
Looking for a savory, appetizing summer recipe full of farm-fresh veggies? Look no further! This tomato recipe is stuffed with wholesome, nutritious greens and seasoned to deliver flavor-packed enjoyment in every bite. Perfect as a light vegetarian lunch or delightful side dish at your next backyard picnic or BBQ.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- A vegan-friendly meal option.
- A delicious way to add more vegetables to your diet.
- Seizes the essence of seasonal ingredients when producing this masterpiece.
- Combines nutrient-dense veggies, herbs, and spices that create an unforgettable aroma on the palate.
The Ingredient List
Gather these essentials before starting:
- Firm tomatoes, ripe but not overripe li >
- Crisp onions li >
- Fragrant garlic cloves li >
- Tender zucchinis li >
- Juicy bell peppers li >
- Salt (to taste) li >
For optimal results:
– A few pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- To begin, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- The second step is cutting off the top third angle of each tomato.
- Gently remove all the pulp and seeds from inside the tomato with a spoon, being as gentle as possible.This is in order not to puncture any part of the flesh during removal.
- Lightly salt inside each tomatoes shell. Turn it over onto some paper towels while still preparing the stuffing mixture
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine onions, garlic cloves ,grated zucchinis,chopped bell peppers,mixed vegetable filling,bread crumbs,and olive oil until just combined. Try to use your hands so that it will help mix better. li >
- Divide veggie filling among tomatoes (pack gently), replace tops on top (with an even pace). Then place them snugly in a greased baking dish. li>
- Now, drizzle lightly with remaining olive oil and sprinkle bread crumbs on top until completely coated , li >
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 30 minutes or until well-cooked lI >
- Add fresh thyme or basil for an extra burst of flavor.
- To deliver an additional punch, mix in some red pepper flakes or chili powder into the veggie mixture . li >
- A medium-sized mixing bowl, preferably glassware
- A sharp cooks’ knife li>
- a greased baking dish
– Bread crumbs
– Extra-virgin olive oil – preferably organic
How To Prepare The Veggie-Filled Tomatoes?
Just follow these simple steps:
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines & Recipe Tips
For best results:
To cook this recipe:
As previously mentioned:
-Preheat your oven at450°F (or about200°C)and bake for approximately35minutes.
-Choose ripe yet firm tomatoes for this recipe.
-When scooping out your tomato flesh,pay close attention not to damage or make holes on its skin.
-Some additional crunchy texture could be achieved by adding chopped nuts or seeds(cashews,pumpkin seeds)to the filling blend before baking.
Alternative Seasonings to Try
Upgrade your variety of herb and spice choices with these options:
The Recommended Tools You’ll Need
To make this recipe with ease and convenience, use the following recommended utensils :
This delectable and wholesome veggie-stuffed tomato recipe is perfect as a light lunch or side dish. Made with farm-fresh seasonal ingredients that are packed full of incredible flavors which you will savor long after dining.
Sure! Here are three popular FAQs with answers for the “Juicy & Flavorful: Veggie-Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe” featured on AddM3:
Q1: Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
A1: Absolutely! This recipe is naturally gluten-free, so you don’t need to make any substitutions. Just be sure to check that your breadcrumbs and vegan Parmesan cheese (if using) are also gluten-free.
Q2: What can I serve this dish with?
A2: This recipe makes a great side dish or main course. If serving as a side dish, it pairs well with grilled chicken or fish. For a heartier meal, try serving the stuffed tomatoes alongside quinoa, rice, or pasta salad.
Q3: How long do these tomatoes keep in the refrigerator?
A3: If stored properly in an airtight container in the refrigerator, these stuffed tomatoes can last up to 4 days. However, they may become less firm after refrigeration and reheating, so we recommend enjoying them within 1-2 days for best texture and flavor.
I hope this helps!