For those new to vegetarian cooking, discovering easy yet tasty meals can seem intimidating. However, with the right recipe and ingredients, a delicious and filling vegetarian dinner can be quickly prepared. This guide features an effortless roasted vegetable spaghetti recipe that’s ideal for beginners.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This hearty dish is packed with fiber-rich vegetables and pasta protein making it both healthy and satisfying. It’s versatile enough for any season – whether you prefer it warm or cold.
- 1 pound of spaghetti
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- Minced Garlic (3 cloves)
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
How To Make This Recipe:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Cut up broccoli florets into bite-size pieces, halve cherry tomatoes, slice onions into thin wedges, cut bell peppers into small pieces.
- Mix the veggies together in a large bowl then add minced garlic.
- Drizzle olive oil on top of the veggie mixture while mixing until everything has evenly coated in olive oil.
- Spread out the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper then sprinkle salt & black pepper generously all over them.
6.Roast for around thirty minutes to ensure they are tender but still have some crunchiness left.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines:
Preheat your oven to 425°F Fahrenheit before beginning roasting at that temperature between twenty-five and thirty-five minutes until they appear golden-brown fork-tender yet still firm inside them,
## My Pro-Tips:
– Try using whichever type of pasta works best for you such as whole wheat, gluten-free or even zoodles!
Add a protein source like tofu, tempeh or chickpeas to make this dish more filling.
– Use mushrooms, zucchini, or eggplant as alternative veggies based on what’s available.
Feel free to add any additional seasonings you like to the recipe such as paprika for smokiness.
- Chop your vegetables into bite-sized pieces so they roast evenly.
- Use a large enough baking sheet that will allow room for vegetables and avoid overcrowding them else they won’t cook evenly.
- Take out roasted veggies then bake the broccoli further if desiring it extra-crispy.
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Large bowl for mixing vegetable ingredients and olive oil together
- Baking sheet lined with foil
To Sum Up
Roasted Vegetable Spaghetti is an effortless vegetarian dinner idea using wholesome ingredients that are highly customizable per individual preferences. The balance of spaghetti carbohydrates and fiber-rich nutrients from roasted veggies makes it ideal for busy weeknights!
Q: What are some simple vegetarian dinner recipes for beginners?
A: Some easy vegetarian dinner options include roasted vegetables with quinoa or brown rice, vegetable stir-fry with tofu or tempeh, lentil soup or chili, roasted sweet potatoes stuffed with black beans and avocado, pasta primavera (with seasonal veggies), and veggie-loaded tacos.
Q: How can I add more protein to my meatless meals?
A: There are many plant-based sources of protein you can include in your meals such as legumes (beans, lentils), nuts and seeds (almonds, chia seeds), whole grains (quinoa, farro), soy products (tofu, tempeh) dairy products such as yogurt and cheese.
Q: Can a beginner make healthy vegetarian dinners without spending too much money on ingredients?
A: Definitely! Many healthy plant-based proteins like beans/lentils can be purchased inexpensively in bulk at the grocery store or online. Seasonal vegetables from farmer’s markets could also help cut costs and add a touch of freshness to the dishes. Simple pantry items like herbs/spices/oils provide great flavor enhancers that do not break the bank either!