A Vegetarian Linguine Recipe
Looking for a decadent and indulgent pasta recipe that’s not only vegetarian but also healthy? Look no further than this delicious vegetarian linguine recipe, packed with fiber-rich vegetables, protein-packed cashews, and flavorful herbs and spices.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Creamy texture without heavy cream or cheese
- Loaded with nutrient-dense ingredients like veggies and nuts
- Customizable with different vegetables or add-ons
- Linguine pasta (8 oz)
- Cashews (½ cup)
- Nutritional yeast flakes (¼ cup)
- Garlic cloves (2 minced)
- Fresh lemon juice (2 tablespoons)
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons divided)
- Button mushrooms (6 ounces thinly sliced)
- Zucchini noodles or ribbons(10 oz cut into thin strips)
- Vegetable broth(1 cup)
- Salt & pepper(to taste)
How to Make This Recipe:
- Cook the linguine according to package instructions.
- Blend together cashews, nutritional yeast flakes, minced garlic cloves, fresh lemon juice in a food processor until it forms a smooth paste-like sauce consistency by adding hot water.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering then saute sliced mushroom together with zucchini noodles/ribbons till they soften around 5 minutes.
- Add blended sauce as well as veggie broth to the skillet mix them properly while stirring often, cook everything for another 5 minutes until heated through.
- Season with salt and black pepper before serving over cooked linguinie . Optional toppings include chopped fresh basil leaves.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines:
The preparation time takes about 20 minutes followed by cooking time ranging within 20-25 minutes.
-For extra creamy sauce soaked cashews overnight instead of blending right away,
-For extra flavor add some diced tomatoes in.
-Avoid overcooking zucchini noodles or ribbons to prevent them from becoming too mushy.
Adjust seasoning preference according to taste, by using crushed red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, smoked paprika.
To make this recipe gluten-free use brown rice linguine instead of regular one.
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe:
It is recommended but not necessary to use an high-powered blender or food processor for best creaminess.
To Sum Up:
This vegetarian linguine recipe has the perfect blend of creamy and indulgent flavors with nutrient-dense ingredients making it healthy. It’s versatile and customizable so you can tweak it according your liking!
What type of linguine should I use for vegetarian linguine recipes?
You can use any type of linguine for these recipes, but whole wheat or gluten-free varieties may offer additional health benefits and cater to people with gluten sensitivities.
Can I substitute dairy products in the creamy sauces?
Yes, you can substitute dairy products with plant-based alternatives like almond milk, cashew cream, or coconut cream to make the sauces vegan-friendly while maintaining their creamy texture and flavor.
How do I store leftovers of the vegetarian linguine recipes?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, add a splash of water or vegetable broth and warm on medium heat until heated through. You may need to add more sauce or liquid as needed since pasta tends to absorb it when stored overnight.