Are you in the mood for a hearty, comforting dish that is also rich in plant-based protein? This vegetarian baked beans recipe fits the bill. Made with wholesome ingredients like navy beans, bell peppers, tomato sauce and maple syrup, this dish is both delicious and nutritious. Here’s what you need to make it:
- 2 cans (15 oz each) of navy or cannellini beans
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- ¾ cups of ketchup
- ¼ cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Drain and rinse your canned beans in a colander.
- In a large skillet over medium heat on the stove-top sauté onions until translucent.
- Add the diced bell pepper to the skillet with onions cook for additional few minutes until soft.
- Add ketchup, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and smoked paprika into large mixing bowl stir well all together .
- Stir drained & rinsed cashews into mixture then pour everything into a baking dish bale container.Covering baking pan with aluminum foil bake up for around an hour at least or until slightly thickened stirring occasionally.
7.Season with salt & pepper if necessary before serving.
Cooking time and temperature guidelines
Bake at preheated oven temperature:375 Fahrenheit degree for about an hour.
- Want some crunch? Try adding breadcrumbs on top before baking!
- For smokier flavor ad some chipotle chili powder along with smoked paprika.
- If you want even more nutrition content add some spinach leaves or kale leaves when cooking onions.
- This recipe is easily customizable to your taste, but some seasoning options that work well with baked beans include: garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, or Worcestershire sauce.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Baking dish
- Large skillet
To sum Up:
This vegetarian baked beans recipe is a healthy and hearty way to enjoy a classic comfort food. Packed with plant-based protein and wholesome ingredients like bell peppers and navy beans, it’s easy to make and customize according to your personal taste preferences.
Sure. Here are three popular FAQs for Healthy & Hearty Vegetarian Baked Beans Recipe with answers:
What kind of beans should I use for this recipe?
You can use any variety of white beans, such as navy beans or cannellini beans, for this vegetarian baked beans recipe. Some people prefer to use dried beans that have been soaked and cooked themselves, while others may opt for canned beans (just be sure to drain and rinse them before using).
Can I make these baked beans in a slow cooker?
Yes! To make vegetarian baked beans in a slow cooker, simply follow the instructions up until transferring everything into the baking dish. Instead of baking in the oven, transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
3.Do these vegan baked beans freeze well?
Yes! These vegetarian baked bean freeze very well if you want to save some leftovers or meal prep ahead of time. Allow the mixture cool completely in an air-tight container before placing it in the freezer; it will keep well frozen for up to three months. When ready to reheat simply thaw overnight in refrigerator then reheat on stovetop over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until heated through