St. Patrick’s Day is around the corner, and it’s time to celebrate Irish heritage with a plant-based twist! Whether you’re hosting a party or simply want to enjoy some festive food at home, we’ve got you covered with these delicious vegan recipes that are perfect for any St. Paddy’s Day celebration.
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, sauté onion until softened.
- Add carrot and garlic; cook for additional minute.
- Add cooked lentils, vegetable broth, tomato paste and thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for about twenty minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
1) Use pre-cooked lentils for quicker preparation time.
2) Try adding chopped kale or spinach for an extra nutritious boost.
Fresh herbs such as parsley or cilantro make great toppings on this hearty stew.
Large soup pot
In summary: This recipe features a hearty Lentil Stew packed with veggies and savory flavors that will have everyone feeling lucky on St.Patrick’s day!
1) What are some vegan ingredients that can be used to make green food on St. Patrick’s Day?
Some vegan ingredients that can be used to make green food for St. Patrick’s Day include: spinach, kale, arugula, avocado, broccoli, zucchini, green cabbage and peas.
2) Are these vegan recipes suitable for a party or large group gathering?
Yes! These vegan recipes featured in the post are perfect options to serve at a party or large group gathering. They’re not only delicious but also easy to prepare in bulk ahead of time so you can spend less time cooking and more time celebrating!
3) Can I modify the recipe if I’m allergic or sensitive to certain ingredients?
Yes! Many of these recipe options come with notes on how they may be modified according to dietary restrictions such as gluten-free or soy-free diets. Additionally many of the recipes feature ingredient substitutions tips within them.
As always it is important check all labels and allergen information before you cook any meals if you have allergies or other medical needs related concerns.