Vegetarian Couscous Recipe
Looking for a delectable, healthy vegetarian meal that’s easy to prepare? This vegetarian couscous recipe is simply perfect! It’s packed with the goodness of veggies and takes only 30 minutes to cook.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 sliced zucchinis
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from half a lemon
– Fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
Follow these simple steps to enjoy this delicious vegetarian couscous recipe in no time!
- Prepare one cup of couscous according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add some olive oil and minced garlic; cook until fragrant.
- Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add fine-diced red bell peppers along with sliced zucchinis till vegetables are tender but still firm/cooked through (approximately five minutes).
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper according to your preference on top of it all, then pour the vegetable mixture over your cooked couscous in a big bowl before stirring gently.
- Squeeze fresh juice from half-sliced lemons into the mixture right before serving; give it another gentle toss before transferring onto plates.
7.Garnish with freshly picked parsley or cilantro leaves if you like.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Cooking duration: approximately thirty minutes (ten-minute preparation time + twenty-minute cooking period).
Temperature: The dish does not require baking or heating at specific temperatures.
For added protein, try tossing chickpeas or tofu cubes while sautéing vegetables.Furthermore,
-The quantity of water required while preparing couscous can vary depending on the brand. Be sure to refer to package directions.
If you prefer added flavor for your couscous, sprinkle some cumin or smoked paprika blends.
You have the liberty of customizing this recipe by playing with its seasonings. Here are a few versatile seasoning options you might want to try:
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
The following tools should be available if you’d like to prepare this delicious vegetarian couscous recipe:
– Large skillet
– A boiling-water pot
– A large mixing bowl
This effortless vegetarian couscous recipe is an appetizing and healthy meal that’s perfect for any day of the week. With its aromatic combination of veggies and spices in play, it promises satisfaction even to meat-lovers!
Q: Is couscous gluten-free?
A: Traditional couscous is made from semolina wheat and is not gluten-free. However, you can find gluten-free options made from alternative grains like rice or corn.
Q: Can I make this recipe vegan by omitting the feta cheese?
A: Yes, absolutely! Simply omit the feta cheese or replace it with a vegan substitute if desired. The dish will still be flavorful and satisfying without the cheese.
Q: How long does this dish last in the fridge?
A: This couscous dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days. You can reheat it gently on the stovetop or enjoy it cold as a salad. If making ahead of time, add fresh herbs and adjust seasoning before serving for best results.