Vegetarian Chocolate Cake Recipe
Do you adore chocolate, but avoid eggs and dairy in your diet? If so, this recipe is perfect for you. Here’s an effortless way to make vegetarian chocolate cake that will satisfy your sweet cravings without compromising on taste.
- 1 & 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Plant-based milk (e.g., almond, soy or oat) – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- Pure vanilla extract – 2 teaspoons
Substitute applesauce for up to half of the oil to reduce fat content.
Making this cake is a breeze. Follow these simple steps –
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease two round cake pans with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the wet ingredients – plant-based milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour batter equally into prepared pans and bake them at preheated temperature for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes thoroughly before frosting with vegan buttercream icing or whipped coconut cream.
Cooking time: Approximately one hour from start to finish including preparation time of around ten minutes along with thirty-five minutes of baking time at a temperature of approximately 350°F (175°C).
To keep your cake moist even after refrigerating it overnight cover it tightly with plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil over it.
Seasoning Options: Add a tablespoon of instant espresso powder or a teaspoon of cinnamon to enhance the chocolate flavor.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Two round cake pans
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk and spatula
- Hand mixer
To sum up, this vegetarian chocolate cake recipe is perfect for those who want to indulge in some delicious dessert without compromising their dietary choices. With simple ingredients and hassle-free steps, you can bake it within an hour!
Q: Are these chocolate cake recipes vegan?
A: The recipes presented in this article are vegetarian, which means they do not contain any meat or animal products such as gelatin, lard or chicken broth. However, some of the recipes may include eggs and dairy products like milk or butter. For a completely vegan version of the recipe you can substitute ingredients like flaxseed meal for eggs and coconut oil for butter.
Q: Can I use gluten-free flour to make these cakes?
A: Absolutely! Substitute your favorite gluten-free flour blend 1-to-1 in place of traditional wheat flour in any of the cake recipes featured here. Keep in mind that some flour blends may have different ratios between starches and proteins than others so results may vary slightly from what is pictured.
Q: Can I freeze leftover cake?
A: Yes! Most cakes made from scratch can be frozen if properly wrapped and stored at 0°F (-18°C) or below to maintain quality over time – this includes many of the chocolate cakes listed here. Wrap unfrosted (or partially frosted) chocolate cake tightly with plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn and air contact until ready to serve again later on down the road.