Looking for a delicious and easy vegetarian soup recipe that can be prepared in a crock-pot? Look no further than this vegetarian taco soup, bursting with flavor and perfect for a chilly day.
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can of corn
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Optional toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese, avocado)
To make this delicious and hearty soup:
- Rinse the canned beans and corn in a colander to remove any excess salt or syrup.
- Add all ingredients into your slow cooker, except for the optional toppings.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cook on low heat setting for at least six hours.
- Once cooked through, let it cool down before garnishing with sour cream, shredded cheese or avocado.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
Set your crock-pot on low heat setting to cook the soup thoroughly over six hours.
Here are some tips to ensure success when making this recipe:
- For an extra kick of spice add jalapenos or chili powder while cooking the ingredients
- To thicken up the consistency try mashing some of the beans once they’ve been cooking awhile in your crock pot but not too much!
- Serve hot straight from your slow-cooker or keep it refrigerated until ready to reheat as leftovers.
Customize your own flavor profile by adding garlic powder onion flakes cumin ketchup worcestershire sauce soy sauce hot sauce etc depending on preference.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
Some recommended tools that will help you make this recipe easily include:
• Mixing bowl for stirring the ingredients
This crock-pot vegetarian taco soup is a delicious and easy recipe that’s perfect for those looking to warm up on a chilly day. Its combination of beans, corn, diced tomatoes and taco seasoning make it both hearty and flavorful. Don’t forget to customize your flavor profile by adding your choice of seasoning. Enjoy!
Q: Can I freeze this vegetarian taco soup?
A: Yes, you can easily freeze this soup! Let it cool completely before transferring it to a freezer-safe container. The soup will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Q: How long should I cook this soup in the crock-pot?
A: Cook on high heat for 2-3 hours or on low heat for 4-6 hours. The longer you cook it, the more flavorful and tender the vegetables will become.
Q: Can I make any substitutions if I don’t have certain ingredients on hand?
A: Absolutely! One of the great things about this recipe is its flexibility. If you don’t have black beans, for example, you could use kidney beans or pinto beans instead. If you prefer a milder spice level, reduce the amount of chili powder and cumin. And if you want to add more veggies into your diet, feel free to toss in some diced zucchini or bell pepper. Have fun experimenting and making it your own!