If you’re a fan of vegetarian and plant-based cooking, then Madhur Jaffrey is undoubtedly a name that you should be familiar with. She is an award-winning cookbook author, actress, and television presenter who has been instrumental in bringing Indian cuisine to a wider audience.
To make one of Madhur Jaffrey’s popular vegetarian recipes – Aloo Gobi (potatoes and cauliflower) – you will need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Approx. half head cauliflower (about ½ pound), broken into florets
- About three cups peeled diced potatoes
Here are the detailed steps for preparing Aloo Gobi:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and fry until they turn golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pan; cook for two minutes.
- Next up, stir in coriander powder, cumin powder & pinch of cayenne pepper to give it some kick if desired!
- Now add salt according to your taste along with potatos & approx half head cauliflower cut into bite-sized florets ; mix well.
6.Cook on low heat,stirring occasionally till veggies become tender but not mushy (~20 min).
7.Serve hot garnished with cilantro if desired.
Cooking time and temperatures
The total cooking time for this recipe should take approximately forty minutes from start to finish.
Madhur recommends cooking this dish on low heat so that all its flavors can meld together and develop slowly over time.
- Make sure to chop the veggies into bite-sized pieces so that they cook evenly and quickly.
- For an extra burst of flavor, consider adding a pinch of garam masala or fresh lemon juice to the dish before serving.
- This recipe can easily be adapted for vegan diets by substituting oil for butter/ghee;
For seasoning options, you can experiment with different spice blends such as:
- Garam Masala
- Curry Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
These spices will add different flavors to your dish depending on your preference.
To make this recipe, having a large saucepan/ wok / deep saute pan would come in handy!
Madhur Jaffrey’s Aloo Gobi is a classic vegetarian Indian dish that’s easy to prepare and packed with flavor! It makes for a great main course meal when served alongside rice or naan bread; alternatively it also goes well as part of an Indian-themed spread. Once you’ve tried Madhur’s recipe online, you’ll likely want to explore more recipes from her extensive collection – And who knows what new magic awaits?
Here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Discover the Magic of Madhur Jaffrey’s Vegetarian Recipes Online!”
What type of cuisine does Madhur Jaffrey specialize in?
Madhur Jaffrey is a renowned Indian actress, food and travel writer, and cookbook author who specializes in Indian cuisine. She has written several cookbooks, including many vegetarian recipes.
Are all of Madhur Jaffrey’s recipes vegetarian?
No, not all of Madhur Jaffrey’s recipes are vegetarian, but she has written multiple cookbooks that focus on vegetarian cooking. In fact, her book “World Vegetarian” features over 750 meatless recipes from around the world!
Where can I find Madhur Jaffrey’s vegetarian recipes online?
There are several places where you can find Madhur Jaffrey’s vegetarian recipes online! Her official website (madhurjaffrey.com) offers a collection of free plant-based dishes that range from simple to complex. Additionally, her books are available to purchase through major retailers like Amazon or Barnes & Noble and often feature an extensive selection of tasty veggie-forward meals.
I hope these answers will help clarify any questions you or others may have about discovering the magic of Madhur Jafferys’ delicious plant-based dishes!