If you’re looking for a fresh and flavorful dish that’s perfect for hot weather, this vegetarian Thai spring rolls recipe is a must-try. Bursting with colorful veggies, fragrant herbs, and tangy dipping sauce, these rolls make for a healthy and satisfying lunch or snack.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s vegan-friendly and packed with nutritious ingredients.
- The combination of textures and flavors is truly delicious.
- Spring rolls are an easy way to get your daily dose of vegetables in one meal.
For the Spring Rolls:
– Rice paper wraps
– Vermicelli noodles
– Red bell pepper
– Purple cabbage
– Fresh mint leaves
– Fresh cilantro leaves
For the Dipping Sauce:
– Peanut butter
– Soy sauce
– Lime juice
How To Make This Recipe
- Soak rice paper in warm water until soft (about 5 seconds).
- Place vermicelli noodles on top of softened rice paper.
- Add sliced vegetables along with mint and cilantro leaves on top of the noodles.
- Roll up tightly from the bottom then fold over the sides before finishing rolling fully closed. Repeat until all ingredients have been used up.
- In small mixing bowl whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, honey (use agave syrup if vegan) garlic poweder,and warm water; stir well to blend evenly.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines
None required since this recipe does not require any cooking.
- Have all your ingredients prepped ahead of time as rice paper wrappers can dry out quickly once they are wetted.
- Don’t overfill your spring rolls so that they’ll be easier to roll-up.
Add red pepper flakes or chili sauce to the dipping sauce for a spicier flavor.
- You can make the rice paper wrappers and vegetables ahead of time and store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Serve these spring rolls as an appetizer, snack, or light lunch.
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Boiling pot with lid(or steaming basket)
- Mixing Bowls
To Sum Up: These vegetarian Thai spring rolls are quick, fresh, easy to prepare，and packed with flavors and nutrients that will leave you feeling satisfied.
Here are three popular FAQs along with their answers for “Delicious Vegetarian Thai Spring Rolls Recipe” :
Q1. Can I make these spring rolls ahead of time?
A: Yes, absolutely. You can prepare the filling and wrap the spring rolls a few hours in advance, cover them with damp paper towels, and store in an airtight container until ready to serve. If you need to refrigerate them overnight or longer before serving, it’s best to freeze them first in a single layer on a baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container.
Q2. Can I substitute rice wrappers for wheat flour wrappers?
A: Yes, you can certainly use rice paper wrappers instead of wheat flour wrappers if you prefer gluten-free options or like the lighter texture of rice paper. However, keep in mind that rice papers are more delicate and require different handling than wheat flour wrappers – they should be soaked briefly in warm water before wrapping and will tear easily if over-soaked.
Q3. What dipping sauce goes well with these spring rolls?
A: A classic peanut dipping sauce is always delicious with Thai-style spring rolls; simply whisk together smooth peanut butter, soy sauce (or tamari), lime juice, honey (or agave nectar), sriracha (or chili flakes), and water until smooth and creamy. Alternatively, you could try other savory/sweet sauces such as hoisin sauce mixed with sesame oil or spicy mango chutney mixed with coconut milk.