This vegetarian nachos recipe is easy to make and bursting with flavor! It’s a perfect party snack, game-day food or quick dinner that will satisfy everyone. Topped with fresh veggies, creamy avocado, cheesy goodness, black beans and salsa, it will become your new favorite dish.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Quick and easy to make
- Perfect for parties or game day
- Filling and satisfying
- Packed full of delicious flavors
- Tortilla chips
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Avocado sliced thinly
- Salsa of your choice
- Fresh tomatoes diced
- Lettuce leaves chopped finely
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spread tortilla chips on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper or lightly greased.
- Sprinkle drained black beans over the tortilla chips.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese on top of the black beans evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for around 10 minutes until cheese is melted completely.
- Take out from the oven then add optional toppings such as sliced avocadoes, diced tomatoes, lettuce leaves etc., lastly drizzle salsa all over.
Make sure you serve immediately while hot and gooey!
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Preheat the oven to 375°F degrees Fahrenheit and bake at this temperature for around 10 minutes.
- Use high-quality ingredients for better taste!
- Serve immediately once done cooking so that it remains hot and extra melty!
3 Folded up foil edges could help prevent any overflow spills during cooking process.
Feel free to add cilantro leaves on top if you prefer. Or sprinkle some hot pepper flakes for extra heat.
- Use pre-shredded cheese to save time.
- Make sure beans are drained and rinsed well before use
- For an additional layer of flavor, add diced jalapenos or bell peppers!
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
To sum up: The recipe’s biggest Takeaway and point in a singular sentence:
This easy vegetarian nachos recipe is perfect for those looking for a quick and flavorful snack or meal that can be customized to your individual taste preferences with fresh toppings like avocado, tomatoes, lettuce leaves, etc!
Can I make this recipe vegan or gluten-free?
Yes! To make it vegan, simply substitute the cheese for a plant-based cheese alternative or use nutritional yeast instead. To make it gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free tortilla chips and check all other ingredients to ensure they’re also gluten-free.
Can I customize the toppings to my preference?
Absolutely! Feel free to add any additional favorite toppings such as diced avocado, jalapeños, green onions, or hot sauce.
Can I prepare the nachos ahead of time?
This recipe is best enjoyed fresh out of the oven when the cheese is melted and bubbly; however, you can prepare most of the components ahead of time (such as cooking the beans and chopping veggies) and assemble them just before baking for a quicker meal prep option. Leftover nachos can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days but note that they may lose some crispiness upon reheating.