Lentils are a nutritious and versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of vegetarian dishes. If you’re looking for some delicious and easy lentil recipes to make in your Instant Pot, try these 10 options below.
- Red or green lentils
- Vegetable broth or water
- Garlic cloves
- Bell pepper
- Spices (e.g., cumin, coriander, turmeric)
- Rinse the lentils and drain them.
- Add the lentils to the Instant Pot along with the other ingredients.
- Close the lid and set it to high pressure for about 20 minutes.
- Allow natural release or quick-release after cooking time ends.
- Serve hot or cold as desired!
Cooking time and temperature guidelines:
Cooking time may vary depending on your recipe but generally ranges from 20 – 30 minutes under high pressure.
My Pro-tips :
- You can cook larger batches of lentils ahead of time so they will be ready when you need them throughout the week.
- Use fresh vegetables whenever possible for maximum taste and nutrition.
Feel free to experiment with different flavorings such as chili powder, paprika, ginger, or curry powder!
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
Instant Pot is essential! A good quality sharp knife will ease prepping vegetables chopped uniformly.
To sum up: These vegetarian lentil recipes made in an Instant Pot are simple yet nutrient-packed meals perfect for busy weeknights!
Q1. What is an instant pot, and why use it for lentil recipes?
A1: An Instant Pot is a multi-cooker appliance that functions as a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and more. Using an Instant Pot to cook lentils can be beneficial as it speeds up the cooking process significantly while retain all the essential nutrition of lentils.
Q2: Can I use canned or pre-cooked lentils in these recipes instead of dried ones?
A2: Yes, you can substitute cooked or canned lentils in these Instant Pot recipes; however, the cooking time may need to be adjusted accordingly.
Q3: Are these vegetarian lentil recipes suitable for vegans and gluten-free diets?
A3: Yes! All these vegetarian Instant Pot recipes are vegan-friendly and also suitable for gluten-free diets since they don’t contain any animal-derived products like meat or dairy nor any gluten-containing ingredients like wheat flour. However, always double-check with your specific dietary needs before making any recipe.