Looking for a fun and unique dessert that also happens to be vegetarian? Try this recipe for delicious vegetarian cannolis! With a satisfying crispy shell and sweet, creamy filling made from almond ricotta, this dessert is sure to impress your guests. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cannoli shells
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil (melted)
- Almond Ricotta Filling:
- 3 cups blanched almonds (soaked overnight)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at around 350°F . Mix the almond flour, granulated sugar, arrowroot starch, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add melted vegan butter/coconut oil slowly while stirring.
- Keep mixing it until combined well enough to form dough.
- Use rolling pins to roll out over lightly floured surface into eight circles about six inches in diameter each; cut using cookie cutter in circular shape after cutting strips of dough.
Gently wrap each circle around cannoli tubes; brush with melted coconut oil before placing on an ungreased baking sheet evenly apart from one another so they don’t touch while cooking later on.
Bake for approximately 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
Next up prepare the filling: Combine soaked blanched almonds with lemon juice, maple syrup and pinch of salt inside food processor/chopper until perfectly smooth.If mixture seems dry add splash water as needed.
8.Transfer all contents from processor/chopper into a bowl.Place in fridge for atleast 30 minutes before using.
- Once the shells are cooled, gently remove them from the tubes and fill with almond ricotta filling.
10.Top cannolis off by sprinkling powdered sugar over it just before serving to add a perfect finish to your creation!
- Be sure not to overfill the cannoli shells as they may break.
- You can add chocolate chips or chopped nuts into the almond ricotta filling for extra flavor and texture.
- If you don’t have time/energy to make homemade nut-based cheese then ready-to-use vegan cream cheese can always be used instead.
Some recommended options include:
– Vanilla extract
To make this recipe properly, we recommend having these tools on hand:
1. Rolling pin
2. Cannoli Tubes (8 pcs)
3. Circular cookie cutter
In summary, this vegetarian Cannoli Recipe is a fun and unique dessert that will impress everyone at your next get-together! With its crispy shell and sweet, creamy filling made from almond ricotta, it’s both satisfying on many levels while staying true to vegan principles – all while boasting fantastic flavors powered by seasonings like cinnamon or nutmeg which tailor well according to personal taste! So what are you waiting for? Give our recipe a try today!
Sure! Here are three popular frequently asked questions and answers for “Delicious Vegetarian Cannoli Recipe: A Wholesome Twist on a Classic Dessert” article from AddM3:
Q: Is this cannoli recipe vegan?
A: Yes, this cannoli recipe is fully plant-based and free from any animal-derived ingredients. The filling is made with cashews instead of traditional ricotta cheese, and coconut oil takes the place of butter in the pastry dough.
Q: Can I substitute other nuts for cashews in the filling?
A: While cashews provide a creamy texture and mild flavor that works well for this recipe, you can experiment with other nuts if you prefer. Almonds or macadamia nuts could be good options to try.
Q: How do I store leftover cannolis?
A: To keep your leftover cannolis fresh, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should last up to 3-4 days stored this way. Bonus tip – wait until just before serving to dust them with powdered sugar so it doesn’t get absorbed into the pastry!