Bosh is a cookbook that features over 140 vegan and vegetarian recipes, including appetizers, entrees, desserts, and snacks. The authors of the book, Henry Firth and Ian Theasby, are two British chefs who became famous for their plant-based cooking videos on YouTube. The book has received positive reviews for its creative and flavorful dishes that make it easy to eat more plant-based meals.
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Sea salt flakes and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- A small bunch of fresh parsley
- A small bunch of fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Two cans of chickpeas (15 oz each)
- Two bell peppers (red or yellow)
- One can of diced tomatoes (14 oz)
Directions / Preparation instructions
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Peel the onion then cut in half from top to bottom before slicing across thinly so you end up with half-moon shapes.
- Peel the garlic cloves too.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a good glug of olive oil added.
- Add the onions to the hot pan after about one minute followed by a sprinkle of sea salt flakes and black pepper according whilst making sure that all parts have some seasoning on them at this stage.
6.Stirring regularly; cook until they start turning translucent which should take around five minutes give or take depending on how thickly sliced they were originally – add in minced garlic now if you’d like as well!
7.Now add the smoked paprika along with chopped parsley leaves stirring everything together lightly ensuring even coating throughout any spices used here; about thirty seconds worth should do nicely 🙂 .
8.Drain cans full chickpeas then rinse under cold water before adding to the mixing bowl – give them a good stir around so that they’re coated nicely by seasoning and spices.
- Transfer the chickpeas mixture onto baking dish, add diced bell peppers.
- Pour over your tin of chopped tomatoes onto the dish then tuck in any remaining fresh herbs or parsley if you have some!
11.Cover with foil and bake for forty-five minutes. Then remove the foil and put back into oven for another ten minutes.
Cooking time and temperature guidelines
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Bake covered with foil for 45 minutes, then uncovered for an additional 10 minutes
- Make sure to slice onions thinly so they cook evenly
- Rinse chickpeas well before using them
- Use smoked paprika for a deeper flavor
Try adding other seasonings such as cumin, turmeric or chili powder to spice up this recipe even further!
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
This recipe can be made with just a standard frying pan and baking dish.
The Bosh cookbook offers delicious plant-based recipes that are easy to prepare and incorporate into any meal, making it simpler than ever before to eat more vegetarian foods.
Here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Bosh Vegetarian Recipes: Delicious Plant-Based Dishes for Every Meal”.
Q: Are the recipes in this book suitable for vegans?
A: Yes, all the recipes in “Bosh Vegetarian Recipes” are vegan-friendly as they do not contain any animal-derived ingredients.
Q: Are the recipes easy to follow and prepare?
A: The authors of the book aim to create easy-to-follow recipes that can be prepared without too much fuss or high cooking skills. Each recipe comes with step-by-step instructions and an estimated preparation time, making it easier for beginners to cook plant-based meals.
Q: Can I find family-friendly recipes in this book?
A: Yes, many of the recipes in “Bosh Vegetarian Recipes” are designed to appeal to families who want healthy yet delicious meal options. The book includes sectioned chapters on Breakfasts, Big Eats, Bits & Bites, Sides & Sharers, Sweet Treats and Drinks making it easier for readers to choose from a range of dishes suitable from breakfast through dinner parties or celebrations such as Christmas brunch or BBQ parties.