Following a vegetarian or vegan keto diet can be challenging, but with these 10 easy recipes, you’ll have plenty of options that are both delicious and nutritious.
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- They are all vegetarian and keto-friendly, making them perfect for anyone following a plant-based low-carb lifestyle.
- The recipes use wholesome ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store.
- They are simple to make and require minimal prep time.
- Creamy Broccoli Soup
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Vegan Alfredo Sauce
- Spicy Tofu Stir-fry
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto
- Brussel Sprouts & Halloumi Skewers
- Eggplant Lasagna
- Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Vegan “Meatballs” in Marinara Sauce
10.Cauliflower Rice Bowl
Ingredient List of the First Recipe: Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Heavy cream or coconut milk for added creaminess
How To Make This Recipe:
1) In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
2) Add broccoli florets and vegetable broth; bring it to boil.
3) Reduce heat to medium-low; let simmer until broccoli is cooked through (about 15 minutes).
4) Use an immersion blender or transfer soup into blender until smooth consistency is reached.
5) Season with salt & pepper to taste; optionally stir-in heavy cream or canned coconut milk if desired.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
- Prep time: 10 minutes.
- Cook time: 25 minutes.
1) If using a blender, it’s better to allow soup to cool down for about 15 minutes before blending; this prevents the hot liquid from splattering out from the blender.
2) A dash of turmeric can also be added as seasoning for an extra boost of health benefits.
- Fresh herbs like thyme or rosemary.
- Dry spices like cumin or smoked paprika.
1) In place of broccoli florets, chopped cauliflower works just as well in this recipe.
2) For thinner consistency – add more vegetable broth (or water).
3) You can make a big batch and store in individual mason jars to portions throughout the week.
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe:
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- Immersion blender OR regular blender
To Sum Up:
This creamy broccoli soup recipe is both keto-friendly and vegan. It’s easy-to-make by sautéing onions & garlic with some olive oil then adding broccoli florets and veggie broth – cook up effortlessly within 30 minutes! Adjust thickness according to your preference by stirring-in cream or coconut milk (optional).
What is the ketogenic diet?
Answer: The ketogenic or “keto” diet is a high-fat, low-carbohydrate eating plan that encourages the body to burn fat instead of glucose for energy. In general, individuals following a keto diet consume no more than 50 grams of carbs per day and rely on healthy fats and proteins to fuel their bodies.
Are vegetarian diets compatible with the keto lifestyle?
Answer: Yes! While many traditional keto recipes include meat products like bacon or steak, there are plenty of ways to follow a vegetarian or vegan version of the ketogenic diet. By emphasizing plant-based fats like nuts, seeds, avocados, and olive oil – along with protein sources such as tofu or tempeh – it’s possible to enjoy satisfying and flavorful meals while still maintaining ketosis.
What are some easy vegetarian keto recipes I can try?
Answer: Here are five ideas to get started:
Cauliflower Fried Rice: Riced cauliflower makes an excellent substitute for traditional grains in this recipe.
Broccoli Cheese Soup: Creamy broccoli soup gets a savory twist thanks to cheddar cheese.
Vegan Zucchini Lasagna: Swap out layers of pasta for slices of zucchini in this creative take on lasagna.
Stuffed Peppers with Tofu Scramble: This colorful dish brings together crunchy bell pepper shells filled with hearty spiced tofu scramble filling.
Avocado Egg Salad Wrap: Combine mashed avocado and hard-boiled eggs in a lettuce wrap for an easy lunch that’s full of healthy fats and protein.