Are you looking for a healthy and satisfying snack that will give you energy throughout the day? Look no further than these delicious vegetarian energy bite recipes! Packed with nutritious ingredients and easy to make, these bites are perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up or post-workout fuel.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- These energy bites are packed with plant-based protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and energized.
- They’re also gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan-friendly, making them suitable for a wide range of dietary needs.
- With 10 different recipes to choose from, there’s something here for everyone!
For all recipes:
– Rolled oats
– Nut/seed butter (such as peanut butter or almond butter)
– Honey or maple syrup
– Mix-ins of choice (e.g. chocolate chips, shredded coconut)
Additional ingredients vary depending on recipe chosen.
How To Make This Recipe:
All recipes follow similar steps:
- Combine rolled oats with nut/seed butter in a large bowl.
- Add sweetener of choice and stir until well combined.
- Add mix-ins of choice (e.g. chocolate chips) and stir until evenly distributed.
- Use hands to roll mixture into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Place balls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper; refrigerate until firm.
Cooking time: No cooking necessary!
Temperature guidelines: Store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Note: For specific ingredient measurements and instructions for each individual recipe variant refer to AddM3.com link provided below
- Use natural peanut or almond butter without added sugar/salt if possible
- Can add Chia seeds/flax seed/etc into any recipe variation
and/or can drizzle melted dark chocolate over bites
- Cinnamon (gives a warmth to the recipe)
- Vanilla extract, coconut extract or any flavor essence of your choosing.
- Use a cookie scoop or melon baller for quick and easy shaping
- Wetting hands before rolling mixture can stop it from sticking
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
- Kitchen Aid Mixer
(electric mixer works as well)
To sum up:
With 10 delicious vegetarian energy bite recipes, these snacks give you an energy boost while also providing plant-based protein and fiber. They’re easy to make with minimal prep work, and are perfect for satisfying cravings throughout the day!
Q: What are energy bites?
A: Energy bites, also known as bliss balls or protein balls, are bite-sized snacks made from a combination of nutrient-dense ingredients such as nuts, seeds, dried fruits and whole grains. They’re often sweetened with natural sweeteners like dates or maple syrup and can be customized with different flavors and add-ins.
Q: How long do energy bites last?
A: Energy bites can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or in the freezer for up to three months. They make great grab-and-go snacks that you can take on-the-go when you need an extra boost of energy.
Q: Can I replace some of the ingredients in these recipes if I don’t have them on hand?
A: Yes! One of the best things about energy bites is their adaptability. If you don’t have a specific ingredient listed in a recipe, try substituting it with something similar. For example, if you don’t have almonds but have cashews instead, feel free to use those instead! You may need to adjust the recipe slightly based on what substitutions you make so start by making small changes until you get your desired consistency.