Are you looking for a low-carb vegetarian dinner recipe that still packs a flavorful punch? Look no further than these ten delicious options, perfect for both vegetarian and vegan eaters. Here’s what makes them so great:
Why You’ll Love These Recipes
- They’re all made without any carbs, making them ideal for those on a low-carb or ketogenic diet.
- The recipes feature plenty of plant-based protein sources like tofu, tempeh, and chickpeas to keep you satiated.
- Each dish is packed with nutritious veggies and herbs to promote optimal health.
Recipe 1: Vegan Tempeh Taco Salad
- One package of tempeh
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Mixed salad greens
How To Make This Recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cut the tempeh into small pieces and season it with chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt.
- Arrange the seasoned tempeh into an even layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven until crispy (about 20 minutes).
- Serve over mixed salad greens topped with salsa.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines: Bake at 375°F for approximately 20 minutes.
To make this recipe extra special try adding some sliced avocado or guacamole as toppings.
Experiment by adding additional spices such as cumin or smoked paprika.
Recommended Tools to Make This Recipe:
Baking sheet lined with parchment paper
This filling taco salad features crispy baked tempeh mixed with fresh veggies topping a bed of greens – perfect if you’re craving something spicy yet satisfying!
Q1. Can I eat these vegetarian dinner recipes if I follow a low-carb diet?
A: Yes, these vegetarian dinner recipes contain no carbs or very few carbs and may be suitable for those following a low-carb diet or looking to reduce carb intake.
Q2. Are these vegetarian dinner recipes high in protein?
A: Some of the recipes on the list may be relatively high in protein due to ingredients such as tofu, tempeh, legumes, nuts or seeds. If you’re looking for even more protein, you can add extra tofu/tempeh/chickpeas/lentils when preparing some of the dishes.
Q3. Can I prepare any of these vegetarian dinner recipes ahead of time?
A: Yes! Many of the meals listed can be made ahead of time as they either freeze well or can be stored for several days in the fridge. You can also meal prep some dishes like roasted vegetables that make great bases for salads throughout the week