Are you looking for a wholesome and delicious vegetarian recipe that is also gluten-free and dairy-free? Look no further than this flavorful mushroom quinoa risotto.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa in cold water and drain well.
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add mushrooms to the pot and cook until they release their moisture.
- Add quinoa to the pot along with vegetable broth.
- Bring mixture to boil then reduce heat to low; cover with lid and let simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until tender (stir occasionally).
- Season with salt and black pepper.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: Approximately 30 minutes
Serves: About four people
- Use high-quality ingredients like organic vegetables, which will enhance the flavor of your risotto.
- To avoid getting mushy grains on your dish, make sure not to overcook the quinoa which may happen after about twenty-five minutes of cooking.
You can add some grated Parmesan cheese once it’s done boiling if you want a bit of extra flavor (note this would change the recipe from being vegan). You could also try adding some crushed red pepper flakes or dried herbs like basil or thyme at any point during cooking process depending on your personal preference.
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
A large pot with lid
To sum up:
This mushroom quinoa risotto is packed with flavor, and offers a wholesome, gluten-free vegetarian option that is easy to prepare. With fresh ingredients like mushrooms, onions and garlic along with the protein-packed quinoa this recipe can be added into your menu at least once a week if not more.
Are all the recipes in this cookbook strictly vegetarian or are there any non-vegetarian options included?
Answer: All of the recipes in this cookbook are vegetarian and free from animal-derived ingredients.
I have celiac disease, can I safely use the gluten-free recipes in this cookbook?
Answer: Yes! The gluten-free recipes in this cookbook were created specifically for individuals who cannot tolerate gluten due to celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, or other health concerns.
What kinds of dairy substitutes do you use in your dairy-free recipes?
Answer: We use a variety of dairy substitutes depending on the recipe and its intended flavor profile. Some common dairy substitutes include nut milks (such as almond milk), coconut milk or cream (for savory dishes), vegan butter or margarine (for baked goods), nutritional yeast (for cheesy flavors), and plant-based yogurt alternatives. All of our dairy-free recipes are tested to ensure they taste delicious without using any animal-derived products such as butter or cheese.
I hope that helps!