Looking for a satisfying and delicious plant-based dinner? These ultimate veggie nachos are packed with flavor, protein, and wholesome ingredients. Whether you’re vegan or just looking to switch up your taco night routine, these nachos will not disappoint.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Plant-based: These nachos are made entirely from plant-based ingredients, making them suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Wholesome: Loaded with veggies like bell peppers, corn, tomatoes and avocado (to name a few), these nachos offer a nutrient-dense alternative to traditional meat-heavy dishes.
- Easy to prepare: With minimal prep time required (most of the work is in chopping the vegetables), this recipe can be on your table in less than 30 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tortilla chips
- Canned black beans
- Bell peppers
- Frozen corn
- Diced tomatoes (canned or fresh)
- Shredded vegan cheese
Plus any additional toppings of your choice such as jalapeños or salsa.
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Arrange tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Rinse canned black beans in water until liquid runs clear; drain well.
- Chop bell peppers into small bite-sized pieces and spread over chip layer along with frozen corn and diced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle shredded vegan cheese over the top of veggies.
- Bake on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and top with chopped avocado or any additional toppings of your choice.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake on middle rack of oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Make sure to rinse and drain canned black beans before using them to prevent excess sodium and starch from sticking to the vegetables.
- Use a variety of colorful bell peppers to add extra flavor, fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins.
- Feel free to customize this recipe with your favorite toppings such as salsa or jalapeños.
Feel free to season with any herbs or spices you like. Some options may include:
– Chili powder
– Garlic powder
– Onion powder
These nachos can be customized with additional veggies such as zucchini, mushrooms or onions. You can also swap out vegan cheese for other plant-based alternatives like cashew queso.
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe
Baking sheet (large enough for single layer of chips), sharp knife for cutting vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
To Sum Up:
This ultimate veggie nacho recipe provides a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional meat-centered dishes. By incorporating a variety of nutrient-rich vegetables along with protein-rich black beans and avocado, these nachos are both satisfying and nourishing. Plus, they’re easy to make in less than 30 minutes!
Can these nachos be made gluten-free?
Yes! The Ultimate Veggie Nachos recipe is already vegan and can easily be made gluten-free by using corn tortilla chips instead of flour tortilla chips.
What toppings can I use to customize the nachos?
This recipe calls for avocado, green onion, cherry tomatoes, black beans, jalapeño peppers and cilantro as toppings. However, you can feel free to add or substitute any other ingredients based on your preference. Some other suggestions include adding diced bell peppers or onions, using vegan sour cream or cashew cream instead of cheese sauce if preferred.
Can the nacho cheese sauce be made ahead of time?
Yes! You can make the cashew-based nacho cheese sauce up to a week in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Simply reheat in a small pot over medium-low heat while stirring frequently until heated through before serving with fresh veggies and tortilla chips.
I hope this helps!