Looking for a delicious and nutritious recipe that’s easy to make? Look no further than these vegetarian cabbage recipes! These slow-cooked dishes are bursting with flavor, packed with healthy ingredients, and perfect for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These cabbage recipes are flavorful, filling, and easy to prepare.
- They’re also vegan-friendly, making them a great option for anyone on a plant-based diet.
- The slow-cooking process makes the flavors richer and more complex as they simmer together over time.
- 1 head of green cabbage
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14 oz)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
How To Make This Recipe
Step One: Chop the Vegetables ?️??
Start by chopping up your onion into small pieces. Then mince your garlic cloves. Lastly chop up your cabbage into bite sized pieces.
Step Two: Heat Things Up ?
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until softened (about five minutes). Once softened add the minced garlic stirring frequently until fragrant (about one minute).
Step Three: Mix It Up ?? x ??
Add all remaining ingredients to a slow cooker mix well.
Step Four: Let it Cook ?️⏲️⌛☀️❄️
Cover with lid set cooker low temperature setting for six hours or high temperature setting for four hours.
Once done serve hot!
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines:
Low temperature setting – six hours cooking time
High temperature setting – four hours cooking time
- A good quality slow cooker is a must!
- Try different types of cabbage – savoy, Napa or red cabbage can make the recipe even more flavorful.
- To add an extra burst of flavor try adding bay leaves, caraway seeds or mustard.
- The paprika and cumin listed in the ingredient list above can be substituted with other spices like cinnamon, fennel or chili powder to mix things up.
- If you don’t have smoked paprika you can use regular but it won’t give quite the same flavor depth.
- Mixing in some vegetable broth (1/4 cup to 1/2 cup) will also add another level of savory goodness.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
In conclusion these vegetarian cabbage recipes are easy and delicious way to get your daily dose of vegetables. Slow-cooked for maximum flavor they’re perfect when you want something comforting on those colder days. Don’t forget to experiment by using different types of cabbage or trying out new spice combinations!
Can I use any type of cabbage in these recipes?
Yes, you can use any variety of cabbage that you prefer or have on hand. Green and red cabbage are the most common types used in cooking, but savoy and Napa cabbage also work well.
Can I substitute other vegetables for the carrots or sweet potatoes in the recipes?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with different vegetables based on your preferences or what’s available to you. Some good options include parsnips, turnips, butternut squash, zucchini, or bell peppers.
How long do these recipes take to cook in a slow cooker?
The cooking time will vary depending on your specific slow cooker and settings. In general, most of these recipes will take 4-8 hours on low heat or 2-4 hours on high heat. It’s best to follow the instructions provided in each recipe carefully and check for doneness periodically until the vegetables are tender and cooked through.
I hope that helps!