BBC Good Food’s vegetarian lasagna recipe is an absolute treat for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. This hearty dish is bursting with flavour and tastes even better when reheated the next day.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a wholesome, warming and delicious one-pot meal.
- The combination of vegetables, herbs, tomato sauce and cheese makes it irresistibly flavourful.
- With 10 different types of vegetables included in the recipe, it provides a healthy dose of vitamins and minerals.
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Celery sticks
- Red pepper
- Cherry tomatoes
- Canned chopped tomatoes
- Bay leaves
- Ricotta cheese
- No-boil lasagne sheets
For the Tomato Sauce:
- Garlic cloves
- Canned peeled plum tomatoes
How To Make This Recipe
For the Tomato Sauce:
- Fry onions until soft then add garlic followed by canned peeled plum tomatoes to create tomato sauce
For the Lasagne:
- Prep your veggies by chopping them all up into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in a big pot or casserole dish over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic to cook for about 30 seconds before adding carrot, celery sticks, red pepper, zucchini and mushrooms.
- Continue frying while constantly stirring for about five minutes until all vegetables are starting to soften slightly.
- Add cherry tomatoes along canned chopped tomatoes as well as bay leaves to season with sugar & vinegar if needed
6.Add some ricotta cheese into your tomato sauce mixture then layer your ingredients alternatively between no-cook lasagna sheets inside an oven-safe dish on which you have spread some of your tomato sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). The lasagne should cook in the oven for an hour before it’s ready.
- Sautéing the vegetables beforehand not only enhances their flavour but also helps prevent a watery lasagna.
- No-boil lasagne sheets are a game-changer because there’s no need to boil them first, which saves time and adds convenience.
- Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave or oven for an easy meal throughout the week.
Additional seasoning can include black pepper and small amounts of salt, according to taste preference.
- Use ripe vegetables that are in season when making this dish for optimal freshness and flavour.
-Layer your ingredients well as this will help ensure even cooking throughout your recipe
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe:
A large pot or casserole dish, serrated knife or mandoline slicer, cutting board, cheese grater,
To Sum Up:
This vegetarian lasagna is packed with vegetables and flavor. It doesn’t require boiling noodles before baking because we use no-boil noodles instead!
Here are three popular FAQs with answers for “Simply Delicious: BBC’s Best Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe”:
Q1. Can I make this lasagna ahead of time?
A: Yes, you can make this lasagna ahead of time and store it in the fridge until ready to bake. You can also freeze it for later use. To reheat a refrigerated or frozen lasagna, cover it with foil and bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (180°C) until heated through.
Q2. Can I substitute the vegetables used in this recipe?
A: Yes, you can substitute the vegetables used in this recipe with your favorite ones. Feel free to mix and match vegetables based on what’s in season or what you have on hand.
Q3. Can I make this recipe vegan?
A: This particular recipe uses cheese and milk as ingredients, but you can easily make it vegan by using non-dairy alternatives such as cashew cream or soy milk instead of regular milk, and nutritional yeast instead of cheese. Simply omitting the cheese altogether may alter the taste and texture slightly but is still an option for those who prefer not to use dairy substitutes.
I hope these help!