Looking for a delicious and nutritious meal that you can whip up quickly for yourself and your special someone? Look no further than these protein-packed vegetarian dinners, perfect for satisfying appetites while keeping things simple.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- These meals are loaded with plant-based proteins to keep you feeling satisfied.
- They’re easy to make with just a few simple ingredients.
- The portions are designed with two people in mind, making them perfect for an intimate dinner at home.
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Variety of vegetables (such as bell peppers, mushrooms, broccoli or kale)
How To Make This recipe
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly under running water in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- In a saucepan over high heat bring quinoa to boil with vegetable broth or water then reduce the heat to a low simmer continuing cooking covered until all liquid is absorbed (typically takes around 15 minutes.)
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium-high heat and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add vegetables and cook until tender; once cooked mix together well-seasoned salt & pepper & add into pan alongside mixing through already cooked Quinoa before serving hot!
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
This entire dish will take approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
-The beauty about this recipe is it makes great leftovers so double up! And store in fridge or freezer!
-Switch out the veggies based on what is seasonally available to ensure optimal flavour pop!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s easy to customize with any seasoning you like. Here are a few ideas:
- Add some fresh herbs such as parsley, cilantro, or basil for added flavour.
- Sprinkle nutritional yeast over the top before serving for added cheesy umami flavor.
- The quinoa can also be cooked in a rice cooker if desired.
- Feel free to add chickpeas or another type of protein to up your plant-based protein game even further.
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
- Medium sized saucepan
- Skillet pan
- Colander or fine mesh strainer
To sum up:
This simple dinner recipe provides all the plant-based protein you need and is perfect for cozy at-home date nights!
Here are three popular FAQs related to “Simple Protein-Packed Vegetarian Dinners for Two” with answers:
Q1. What are some good vegetarian protein sources for dinner recipes?
A1: Some excellent vegetarian protein sources include legumes (such as chickpeas, lentils, and black beans), tofu, tempeh, seitan, quinoa, nuts/seeds (such as almonds or chia seeds), and nutritional yeast. These ingredients can be used in a variety of ways in vegetarian dinner recipes to add delicious flavor and plant-based protein.
Q2: Do we need to consume more plant-based proteins than animal proteins on a daily basis?
A2: It is not necessary to consume more plant-based proteins than animal proteins on a daily basis; however, it is recommended that people aim for a balanced diet that includes adequate amounts of both vegetable- and animal-derived protein sources. The American Dietetic Association recommends that adult women should have at least 46 grams of protein per day while adult men should have around 56 grams per day.
Q3: Can you suggest some easy-to-make high-protein vegan dinners for two?
A3: Absolutely! Here are three examples:
– One-pot lentil chili with avocado-topped baked potatoes
– Stir-fried tofu and vegetables served over brown rice noodles
– Quinoa stuffed bell peppers topped with vegan cheese