Looking for soup recipes that are both hearty and healthy and can be easily made in a slow cooker? Look no further than these ten veggie crockpot soups that will warm your soul and nourish your body.
- Assorted fresh vegetables (such as carrots, celery, onions, bell peppers)
- Different types of beans or lentils (depending on the recipe)
- Vegetable broth
- Garlic and ginger (for flavour)
- Herbs and spices (like oregano, cumin, cinnamon)
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces.
- Rinse the beans/lentils under cold water.
- Add all ingredients to a crockpot/stovetop pot with vegetable broth.
- Cook on low heat for several hours until everything is tender.
- Blend some of the soup mixture until smooth if desired.
Cooking time: Approximately 6-8 hours on low heat as specified in each recipe.
- Prepare ingredients ahead of time so making these soups is easy breezy.
- If needed add more liquid throughout cooking process -due to evaporation from slow-cooking or thicker veggies absorbing it
Add salt and pepper to taste after cooking; other popular options include chili flakes/powder or paprika/cayenne pepper depending on how spicy one likes their food!
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
-A cutting board
-A sharp chef’s knife
-Measuring cups & spoons
In conclusion, if you love healthy hearty meals packed full of nutrients but have minimal time during your day-to-day life then try out these delicious vegetarian soups!
Q: Can I make any of these soups on the stovetop instead of using a crockpot?
A: Yes, you can make any of these soups on the stovetop by following the same ingredients and instructions, but reduce the cooking time to about 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are tender enough.
Q: Can I substitute different vegetables in the soup recipes?
A: Absolutely! If you don’t have certain vegetables on hand or want to switch things up, feel free to use whatever veggies you prefer or have in your fridge. Just keep in mind that some adjustments may need to be made regarding cook time and liquid amounts.
Q: Can I freeze these soups for later use?
A: Yes, all of these soup recipes can be frozen for later use. Allow the soup to cool completely before transferring it into an airtight container or freezer bag and store it in the freezer for up to three months. To reheat, thaw overnight in refrigerator and then heat gently over low heat until heated through while stirring occasionally as necessary.
I hope this helps!