Quick and Easy Veggie Curry Recipe
If you’re a vegan or vegetarian looking for an easy and flavorful meal, this recipe for Quick & Easy Veggie Curries is perfect for you. This dish features a medley of fresh, healthy vegetables cooked in aromatic spices to create a delicious and filling curry that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe:
- Simple and quick to make
- Uses fresh, healthy vegetables
- Rich in flavor and spices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper(optional)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetables of choice (such as cauliflower,potato,tomatoes or green beans)
- 3 tablespoons butter/ghee/oil
- Lemon juice(optional)
How To Make This Recipe:
- Heat the oil/butter/ghee in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until they become translucent.
- Mix the garlic into the onion mixture followed by ginger.
- Add your favorite veggies into the mix.
- Sprinkle salt on top according to your desired preference.
- Sprinkle all of sSpices (cumin, coriander,cayenne pepper).
7.Cook while stirring occasionally until veggies are done(around 12 minutes). If it gets too dry add some water as needed,but it should not be runny!
8.Finish off with additional seasoning like lemon juice if preferred.
Cooking Time And Temperature Guidelines:
Cooking time is approximately around twelve minutes at medium-high heat.
For best results ensure that you don’t overcook your veggies because they might become mushy in texture!
If you want to make this dish more filling, you can add chickpeas or tofu.
Adjust the amount of cayenne pepper and salt for your desired preferred taste and spice level.
You can mix some yogurt into the curry after it is done cooking to give it a creamy texture. Sprinkle fresh herbs such as cilantro or parsley on top before serving.
- Use fresh vegetables for optimal results
- Cut your veggies into similar sizes so that they cook evenly together
- Avoid over-stirring when cooking your veggies to prevent mushiness
Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
A large pan/pot
To sum up: This Quick & Easy Veggie Curry recipe is perfect for vegans and vegetarians who are short on time but still crave delicious, healthy meal options. With aromatic spices, fresh vegetables, and customizable seasoning options,this recipe will quickly become one of your go-to favorites!
What types of vegetables work best in veggie curries?
Answer: Nearly any type of vegetable can be used in veggie curries, but some popular choices include potatoes, cauliflower, green beans, peas, carrots, bell peppers and eggplant. Leafy greens such as spinach or kale can also be added towards the end of cooking for a nutrient-rich boost.
Are these recipes spicy?
Answer: Some recipes may be spicy depending on the amount and type of spices used. However, you can easily adjust the level of heat to your preference by reducing or increasing the amount of chili or other hot spices that you add.
Can I make these recipes ahead of time?
Answer: Yes! One benefit of veggie curries is that they often taste even better after sitting for a few hours or overnight as the flavors have more time to develop and meld together. Many recipes can also be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to several days or frozen for future meals. Just reheat before serving and enjoy!