Looking for a quick and easy meal that’s packed with protein and flavor? This vegan chickpea rice bowl recipe is the perfect option. With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll have a delicious and satisfying meal in no time.
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked brown rice, canned chickpeas, diced red onion, and fresh parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
Cooking Time & Temperature Guidelines
This recipe takes about 10 minutes to prepare once the brown rice has been cooked.
To make this dish even more flavorful:
– Add some minced garlic or grated ginger when mixing all the ingredients together.
– Top it off with avocado slices or cherry tomatoes for extra color and texture.
While this recipe is delicious as-is, feel free to experiment with different seasonings based on your personal preferences:
– Cumin: adds an earthy note that pairs well with chickpeas.
– Paprika: gives a smoky undertone that complements the sweetness of onions.
– Turmeric: adds both color and nutritional value while giving subtle warmth to the overall flavor profile.
## Recommended Tools To Make This Recipe:
– A pot or rice cooker for cooking brown rice.
– A large mixing bowl for combining ingredients easily
To Sum Up: This quick & easy vegan chickpea rice bowl recipe is perfect for those who want a simple yet satisfying meal. Packed with protein and flavor, this recipe can be customized to your liking with different seasoning options and toppings like avocado or tomatoes. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare once the brown rice is cooked, making it an ideal weeknight dinner option.
Q1: Can I make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it?
A1: Yes! This recipe is perfect for meal prepping. You can prepare a big batch of rice and chickpeas at the beginning of the week and store them in separate containers in the fridge. Then simply heat up a portion of each when you’re ready to enjoy your rice bowl throughout the week.
Q2: Can I substitute other vegetables or grains?
A2: Absolutely! This recipe is very versatile and can be adapted according to your taste preferences or what you have available in your pantry. For example, you could use quinoa instead of rice, or switch up the vegetables by adding roasted sweet potatoes or sautéed kale.
Q3: How long will leftovers keep?
A3: Leftovers should keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. When reheating, add a splash of water to prevent it from drying out. Make sure to reheat thoroughly before eating.