Are you looking for a quick and easy plant-based recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight, yet still packed with flavor? Look no further than this Instant Pot Veggie Lasagna recipe from AddM3!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Two jars (24 oz) of your favorite marinara sauce
- Half box lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- One can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
For the Topping:
- Vegan mozzarella or parmesan cheese (optional)
- Press SAUTE on the Instant Pot. Add the olive oil, onion, garlic along with salt & pepper to taste. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms & sauté till water releases then evaporates.
- Now add spinach in batches stirring after each addition till it wilts down completely.
Pour one jar of marinara sauce over veggies then spread evenly.
Break lasagna noodles into about three big pieces each – some will be smaller or larger depending upon where they break naturally; sprinkle over veggie mixture.
Top off this layer with the chickpeas then pour remaining jar of sauce all over everything.
7.Close lid flipping pressure release valve to SEALING position first cooking at HIGH pressure for SEVEN minutes following by QUICK RELEASE pressure according to product instructions.
8.Once complete stir carefully making sure any uncooked pasta is pushed down underneath fully submerging in liquid if not already; if there’s extra sauce now use it on top of lassagne spreading out then adding cheese sprinkles (if using) in thin layer over all.
9.Close lid and leave to melt under OFF but warm setting of instant pot for 5 minutes before serving.
Cooking Time and Temperature Guidelines
- Set Instant Pot to SAUTE mode at first, then switch to HIGH pressure and cook for SEVEN minutes.
- Follow quick release instructions according to your product guidelines.
- Be sure not to overcrowd the Instant Pot when sautéing vegetables.
- Break the lasagna noodles into about three big pieces each so that they can fit more easily in the Instant Pot.
- Use any extra sauce on top of the lasagna as a finishing touch.
Feel free to add additional seasoning such as red pepper flakes or herbs like basil or oregano based on your preferences!
Recommended Tools to Make this Recipe
Instant Pot: This recipe is specifically designed for an Instant Pot, although it could potentially be adapted for other types of pressure cookers.
To Sum Up
This plant-based recipe is perfect for busy weeknights when you want something healthy yet satisfying. With just a few simple steps using an Instant Pot, you can have a flavorful veggie lasagna ready in no time!
Can I use regular lasagna noodles instead of the no-boil variety for this recipe?
Answer: Yes, you can use regular lasagna noodles in place of the no-boil variety, but you will need to boil them according to their package instructions before assembling your lasagna.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time and freeze it for later?
Answer: Absolutely! This recipe works well as a make-ahead dish that can be frozen and reheated when ready to serve. To freeze, let the lasagna cool completely, then cover tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil before placing in the freezer. When ready to reheat, remove from the freezer and bake at 375°F (190°C) covered with aluminum foil for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
Can I substitute another type of cheese for the vegan mozzarella used in this recipe?
Answer: Yes, you can substitute any other type of shredded cheese for the vegan mozzarella if desired. However, keep in mind that using a non-vegan cheese will change this dish’s plant-based nature; therefore it would not qualify as a vegan recipe anymore.